Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan
Serves 4. Recipe is by Elizabeth Canfield.
1 tbl. olive oil
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
¼ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup Parmesan cheese (Canfield prefers the shredded)
2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 to 3 slices or 1 to 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, depending on preferences
1 (32-oz.) jar favorite marinara sauce (Canfield prefers the Monjunis Salsa di Pomidoro)
1. Spread olive oil into the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the pepper, salt and Parmesan cheese.
4. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
5. Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of cooker. Layer 2 to 3 cheese slices or 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like. Cover chicken and cheese with the entire jar of marinara sauce.
8. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
9. Serve with favorite pasta.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved