Bread Pudding With Moonshine Sauce
Makes 6 servings. Recipe is by Cynthia Nobles.
4 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
4 cups day-old french bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Cooking spray for pan
Moonshine Sauce (see recipe)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, sugar, extracts, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray and pour in bread pudding mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes. Serve topped with Moonshine Sauce.
Makes about 11/4 cups. Recipe is by Cynthia L. Nobles.
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup (4 tbls.) butter
1/4 cup spiced moonshine (Catdaddy brand 80-proof spiced moonshine was used for testing)
1. Bring cream, cornstarch and sugar to a boil. In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Simmer over low heat 1 minute.
2. Add butter and stir until melted. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
3. When ready to serve, bring sauce to a simmer, remove from heat and stir in spiced moonshine.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved