New Orleans Stages Calendar for Aug. 22-28, 2013
- CIRQUE D’LICIOUS-THE PREMIERE: 10 p.m., The Hi Ho Lounge, 2239 Saint Claude Ave., New Orleans. Cirque d’Licious combines the arts of vaudeville, circus and burlesque to bring to the stage a full force variety show to make you giggle with silliness, wiggle with excitement and gasp at feats of danger. The show features aerial acts, acrobatics, burlesque, sideshow, and live vaudevillian musical theatre. $10. (504) 939-1300 or http://www.hiholounge.net.
- VENOM: 8 p.m., The Elm Theatre, 220 Julia St., New Orleans. World premiere of the play by Clint Sheffer. www.elmtheatre.org. or (504) 218-0055.
- ALADDIN JR.: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. $12 - $15. (504) 461-9475 www.RivertownTheaters.com.
- CHILDREN’S LETTERS TO GOD: 7:30 p.m. Friday; 1 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, NORD Ty Tracy Theatre, Gallier Hall, 545 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Production by Crescent City Lights Youth Theater. www.crescentcitylights.org.
THE NEW ORLEANS BINGO! SHOW: 8 P.M. FRIDAY AND SATURDAY; 6 P.M. SUNDAY, MID CITY THEATRE, 3540 TOULOUSE ST., NEW ORLEANS. A MUSICAL GAME SHOW CABARET. $20. MIDCITYTHEATRE.COM.
- TUESDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WITH CHRIS CHAMPAGNE: 8 p.m., Mid City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Chris Champagne, comic, poet, philospher and die-hard football fan tells all....about life with his legendary football hero-of-a-father. $15. midcitytheatre.com.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved