New Orleans Stages Calendar for Aug. 15-21, 2013
- THE MOTHER WITH THE HAT: 8 p.m., tText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Colorhe AllWays Theatre, 2240 St. Claude Ave. A former drug dealer fresh out of rehab reunites with his drug-addicted girlfriend. Josh Parham directs the *NU* Theatre production. Tickets, $15. (504) 218-5778.
- VENOM: 8pm., The Elm Theatre, 220 Julia St., New Orleans. World premiere of the play by Clint Sheffer. www.elmtheatre.org. or (504) 218-0055.
- ALADDIN JR.: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. $12 - $15. (504) 461-9475 www.RivertownTheaters.com.
- SLOW BURN BURLESQUE: 10 p.m., The Howlin’ Wolf New Orleans, 907 S. Peters St., New Orleans. Combining classic style and glamour with punk rock attitude, and rock and roll fury, Slow Burn offers outrageous antics, glamorous routines and hilarious behavior. $15-$20. (504) 723-1585. http://www.thehowlinwolf.com.
- TUESDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WITH CHRIS CHAMPAGNE: 8 p.m., 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Christopher Champagne, comic, poet, philosopher and die-hard football fan, runs the gamut from Cha-Ching to Crunk and beyond in this fun and funny look at his upbringing in a football world. (504) 488-1460.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved