Makes 15 skewers. Recipe prepared by Cathy Black is from CuisineAtHome.com.
1 lb. bacon (may cut in half for smaller bite)
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 tbls. unsalted butter
1 tbl. light corn syrup
5 tbls. heavy cream, divided
1 (3-oz.) milk chocolate bar, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a rack.
2. Thread a strip of bacon onto each skewer; place on prepared rack. Cook bacon 10 minutes, flip, and cook until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
3. Make a caramel by boiling sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan, I minute. Whisk in 2 tablespoons heavy cream and boil 1 minute more. Remove caramel from heat; let cool 10 minutes.
4. Make a ganache by heating 3 tablespoons heavy cream until it boils; pour over chocolate in a bowl. Let the chocolate sit 5 minutes to soften, then stir until smooth.
5. Spoon caramel over one side of each bacon skewer; chill until caramel is set. Spoon the ganache over the caramel; let excess drip back into the bowl. Chill bacon until ganache is set.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved