Ascension Parish calendar for Aug. 1, 2013
- BOOK CLUB: noon, Ascension Parish Library, Donaldsonville. Discussion on “Song Reader” by Lisa Tucker.
- BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Galvez. Discussion on “Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox” by Maggie O’Farrell.
- BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Dutchtown. Discussion on “The Other Side of the River” by Alex Kotlowitz.
- BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales. Discussion on “Homer and Langley” by E.L. Doctorow.
LOSS AND GRIEF EDUCATION AND SUPPORT MEETING: 6 P.M., ST. ELIZABETH HOSPITAL, SISTER VERNOLA CONFERENCE ROOM. FREE; REGISTRATION PREFERRED. (225) 621-2906.
- KIDS FISHING RODEO: 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m, Twin Lakes Mobile Home Park, Dutchtown, Free fishing rodeo hosted by East Ascension Sportsman’s League.
- BACK TO SCHOOL IN SYTLE: Noon to 5 p.m., Lamar-Dixon Expo Center gym. Free hair cuts for boys and free hair styles for girls ages 5 to 15.
- TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENT EDUCATION CLASS: 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital, Sister Linda conference room. For residents considering knee or hip replacement surgery. Monthly classes are held to provide patients with an opportunity to meet others electing to have knee or hip replacement surgery and to meet the team of health professionals at St. Elizabeth Hospital who guide patients through the process from pre-admission to rehabilitation. Free and registration is required. Call (225) 621-2906.
- LOOK GOOD … FEEL BETTER: 10 a.m. to noon, St. Elizabeth Hospital, Community Eduction Building, 721 E. La. 30. Held in conjunction with the American Cancer Society, this program helps women look their best during cancer treatment. Experienced cosmetologists teach cancer patients beauty tips to help minimize the appearance-related side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Free. Advance reservation are required. In order to provide complimentary cosmetics, advance reservations are required. Call (225) 621-2906.
- ALZHEIMER’S SERVICES OF THE CAPITAL AREA CAREGIVER NETWORK: 10 a.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital, Sister Verola conference room. Monthly supportive meetings for caregivers to network with one another. First Tuesday of each month. Free; registration preferred. (225) 621-2906.
- THRIVING WITH DIABETES: 6 p.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital, Sister Linda conference room. Kathleen Baudean, St. Elizabeth Physicians’ Diabetes and Nutrition Center, will review key information important for people with diabetes to know.
- SCORE: By appointment, Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales. Free counseling for new business start-ups and mentoring for existing business. To set an appointment, call (225) 381-7130.
- KOKUSAIKA: 4 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales. Teen program.
- SCORE: By appointment, Ascension Parish Library, Dutchtown. Free counseling for new business start-ups and mentoring for existing business. To set an appointment, call (225) 381-7130.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved