Outdoors calendar for July 28, 2013
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: http://finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email: Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHITETAIL DEER SUMMER SEMINAR: 6 p.m. registration, 6:30-9 p.m. seminar, LSU 4-H mini-Farm, AgCenter Drive, LSU, Baton Rouge. Also South Louisiana Branch/Quality Deer Management Association meeting. Changes for 2013-14 deer season, tracking/feeding adult deer, gun & ammo availability forecast. Call Don Reed (225) 683-5848.
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries’ Lab, Grand Isle. Agenda Items: Approving 2013-2014 waterfowl seasons & limits, public comment on 2014 spring turkey season.
- BASSMASTER NORTHERN OPEN: Oneida Lake, Syracuse, N.Y. Second in three-tournament series to qualify winners for 2014 Bassmaster Classic. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- 63RD ANNUAL TERREBONNE SPORTSMAN’S LEAGUE FISHING RODEO: East Park Recreational Center, Houma. Fee $20. Divisions: Freshwater, Offshore, Shoreline, Fly Fishing, Tag & Release, Bluewater, Scuba. Call Larry Jordan (985) 601-4110 or Troy Bonvillain (985) 804-7504.
- MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- AUG. 4 — JUNIOR CHOUPIQUE RODEO: 9 a.m.-noon, St. James Boat Club, U.S. 61 at Blind River between Sorrento and Gramercy. Kids only up to 15 years old. Registration 25 cents. Fishing from the bank only. Largest fish & most fish categories. Call Boat Club (225) 869-8966.
- AUG. 8-11 — BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: St. Lawrence River Showdown, St. Lawrence River, Waddington, N.Y. Seventh in 8-tournament series to determine 2014 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Website: www.bassmaster.com.
- AUG. 10 — LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES/REDFISH: Delta Marina, Empire. Sixth in 7-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch, live-fish weigh-in, redfish tagged/released. Website: www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- AUG. 10-11 — CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS CLASSIC: Venice Marina, Venice. Last in eight-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- AUG. 17 — 2013 BATON ROUGE ANTIQUE DECOY SHOW: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center, 10503 North Oak Hills Parkway, Baton Rouge. Displays, videos, buy-sell-swap decoys & decoy IDs/vaulations. Call Gary Lipham (225) 571-2835. Email: email@example.com.
- fishery notices
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Closed in federal waters. Open in state waters weekends-only through September/3-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size. Anglers must have no-fee Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit (website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov/Permit/Apply.
- RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK SEASON CLOSED: Through July 31 for greater amberjack throughout Gulf of Mexico. Commercial season closed July 1 for remainder of 2013.
- EAST GRAND TERRE ISLAND CLOSURE: To commercial fishing, including crabs & shrimp, and to recreational fishing, except rod-and-reel take of finfish, until further notice after state biologists identified residual BP-Deepwater Horizon tar balls and tar mats.
- ALL INSIDE LOUISIANA WATERS: Except portion of Mississippi Sound (Louisiana waters) and open waters of Breton and Chandeleur sounds. Ordered by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Complete closure map website: www.wlf.louisiana.gov.
Have an event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved