Around Baton Rouge for July 23, 2013
- FARMER’S MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Unitarian Church, 8470 Goodwood Blvd. Purchase blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, potatoes, squash and more from local farmers. http://redstick
- BABY BOOT CAMP: 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m., Mall of Louisiana, Bluebonnet Boulevard near Interstate 10. The program, geared toward prenatal and postnatal women, features STROLLFIT, an exercise class for cardio, strength training, core work and stretching; and STROLLGA, a light cardio and deep yoga stretching class. Participants should bring a full-size stroller, water bottle, yoga mat and a set of 5-pound hand weights. (225) 788-1200 or http://babybootcamp.com/la-batonrouge.aspx.
- PEOPLE’S HEALTH SILVER BALL FITNESS: 9:30 a.m. registration, noon fitness class, Spectrum Fitness & Medical Wellness, 7069 Perkins Road. The moderate-level fitness class uses a small inflated ball to develop a strong core and improve flexibility, strength, posture and balance. (888) 257-4515 or http://peoples
- BREC MOBILE PLAYGROUND: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Melrose East Neighborhood, Harry Drive and North Carrolton Avenue; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Ardenwood Village, 1957 N. Ardenwood Drive; 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Mary Lands Park, 802 N. 30th St.; and 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monte Sano Village, 3002 Mason Ave. BREC on the Geaux will provide a mobile playground for 90 minutes of play. (225) 272-9200 ext. 502 or http://brec.org.
- TOWN HALL MEETING: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Southern University College of Business, Global Conference Center, third floor, T.T. Allain Hall. Town hall meeting to discuss Capital Area Transit System.
- “TWELFTH NIGHT”: 7:30 p.m., Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Studio Theatre, LSU campus. A George Judy adaptation of the William Shakespeare play. Tickets are $10. (225) 578-9286 or http://swinepalace.org.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved