- CCA/BAYOU LAFOURCHE CHAPTER BANQUET: 6 p.m., Warren Harang Jr. Municipal Auditorium, Civic Center, Thibodaux. Tickets $60, spouse $30, 17-under $25. Supper, live/silent auctions. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- HIGH POWER RIFLE XTC REGIONAL MATCH COURSE: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. NRA-approved 200-, 300- & 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees, $12/adult, $5/junior (members), $15/adult, $5/junior (nonmembers). 80 rounds. Call Jay D. Hunt (985) 768-8469. Email email@example.com. Website: http://www.PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- SAC-A-LAIT HUNTERS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight to 3 p.m. with 3:30 p.m. weigh-in deadline, Belle River-Spillway Public Landing or Adams Landing-Lake Verret side. Weigh-in Belle River Public Landing. 7-fish limit. Cash for top three stringers & heaviest sac-a-lait. Fees collected at both landings.
- WOOD STORK & WADING BIRD WATCH: 7 a.m.-noon, South Farm, Sherburne Wildlife Management Area, Atchafalaya River Road (South off U.S. 190 east of Krotz Springs; Exit 135-north/Ramah off I-10). No fee, but WMA requires state hunting or fishing license, or Wild Louisiana Stamp. Call Wildlife & Fisheries Opelousas Office (337) 948-0255.
- DOIRON’S TEAM BASS TOURNAMENT — CANCELLED: Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Call Larry Doiron (985) 397-3113.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Old River Landing, Morganza. $30 membership fee. $100/team tournament fee, 100-percent payback. Last in eight-tournament series to Aug. 10-11, Capital City Classic, Venice Marina. Venice. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Conference Room, Cabela’s, Gonzales. Call Pete Bongiovanni (225) 335-4596. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email: Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THURSDAY, JULY 25
- BAYOU STATE RABBIT HUNTERS MEETING: 7 p.m., West Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Posse, 3925 Rosedale Rd., Port Allen. Call Tommy Boudreaux (225) 718-4467.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JULY 25-27 — INTERNATIONAL GRAND ISLE TARPON RODEO: Sand Dollar Marina weighstation & Rodeo Tent, Grand Isle.
- JULY 27 — LA. BULLS EYE CONVENTIONAL PISTOL MATCH: 9 a.m., Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. Timed & Rapid-fire match, NRA rules, .22 rim fire, .22 centerfire & .45 ACP pistols. Fee $7. Call Skip Blanchard (504) 427-0050. Email: email@example.com.
- JULY 27 — FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- JULY 28 — SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. NRA 200-yard match course. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program. Call George Serrett (225) 272-3538. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JULY 29 — FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: http://finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JULY 31 — WHITETAIL DEER SUMMER SEMINAR: 6 p.m. registration, 6:30-9 p.m. seminar, LSU 4-H mini-Farm, AgCenter Drive, LSU, Baton Rouge. Also South Louisiana Branch/Quality Deer Management Association meeting. Changes for 2013-14 deer season, tracking/feeding adult deer, gun & ammo availability forecast. Call Don Reed (225) 683-5848.
- AUG. 4 — JUNIOR CHOUPIQUE RODEO: 9 a.m.-noon, St. James Boat Club, U.S. 61 at Blind River between Sorrento and Gramercy. Kids only up to 15 years old. Registration 25 cents. Fishing from the bank only. Largest fish & most fish categories. Call Boat Club (225) 869-8966.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Closed in federal waters. Open in state waters weekends-only through September with three-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size. Anglers must have no-fee Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit (website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov/Permit/Apply.
- GAG GROUPER SEASON OPENED: Recreational fishing season re-opened Monday, July 1 throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
- RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK SEASON CLOSED: Through July 31 for greater amberjack throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
- EAST GRAND TERRE ISLAND CLOSURE: To commercial fishing, including crabs & shrimp, and to recreational fishing, except rod-and-reel take of finfish, until further notice after state biologists identified residual BP-Deepwater Horizon tar balls and tar mats.
- ALL INSIDE LOUISIANA WATERS: Except portion of Mississippi Sound (Louisiana waters) and open waters of Breton and Chandeleur sounds. Ordered by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Complete closure map website: www.wlf.louisiana.gov.
Have an event? Email: email@example.com.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved