Edward Jones Dome won’t get $700M upgrade

ST. LOUIS — The organization that runs the Edward Jones Dome has made it official: The facility will not get a publicly funded $700 million upgrade that the St. Louis Rams requested.

St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission President Kathleen Ratcliffe informed the Rams of the decision in a letter dated Tuesday.

It was no surprise. After arbitrators ruled in favor of the Rams’ plan over a much more modest CVC proposal, the CVC said in February it was unlikely to implement the plan.

The decision allows the Rams to break their lease with the dome after the 2014 season, creating the possibility that the Rams could leave St. Louis.

The team’s offices were closed Friday for the long Fourth of July holiday and a spokesman was unreachable.

Bradley to appear before jury

HARTFORD, Conn. — A Connecticut man who said he lost an eye after being shot by Aaron Hernandez in February has been ordered to appear before a grand jury in Massachusetts that’s investigating the former New England Patriots tight end.

Superior Court Judge Joan Alexander in Hartford on Friday ordered Alexander Bradley to appear July 17 in Fall River, Mass.

Bradley had been fighting an interstate subpoena, asserting he needed to return to Florida for medical treatment.

Bradley claims in a lawsuit he was shot by Hernandez with a handgun as they were driving in Florida after arguing in a Miami nightclub.

At the time, he told police he did not know who had shot him.

Hernandez is facing a murder charge in Massachusetts in the shooting of his friend Odin Lloyd.

Blackmon has groin surgery

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon is recovering from groin surgery.

Blackmon, who was limited during last month’s three-day minicamp because of a nagging groin injury, had surgery recently but could be back in time for training camp.

The Jaguars report July 25 and begin on-field work the next day.

Blackmon led the Jaguars with 64 receptions for 865 yards and five touchdowns last year.

He has been suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse program. He is eligible, though, to play in the team’s four preseason games, the first one against Miami on Aug. 9.

Blackmon is the third Jaguars player to have groin surgery in the past two months, joining quarterback Jordan Rodgers and defensive end Jason Babin.