Police and fire briefs for July 3, 2013

No one injured
in restaurant fire

An electrical malfunction in the buffet line caused a fire at Zoe’s Pizza on Monday, causing heat and smoke damage to the inside of the building.

Firefighters from the Central Fire Department arrived at the building, 14112 Greenwell Springs Road, at 11:11 p.m. and had the fire under control by 11:31 p.m., spokesman Capt. Derek Glover said.

No injuries were reported.

3 booked on counts
of DWI in EBR

Authorities arrested at least three people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including one man on a fifth-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Monday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.

Those booked and the counts against them:

Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.