Raspberry Coconut Icebox Pie
For the crust:
1 cup toasted shredded coconut
10 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
4 tbls. butter, melted
For the filling:
1/4-oz. packet gelatin
2 tbls. water
1/2 cup unsweetened fruit juice (or water)
8 ozs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cream of coconut
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups fresh raspberries
1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
1. To make the crust, in a medium bowl mix together the coconut, chocolate sandwich cookies and butter. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie pan and press it evenly across the bottom and up the sides. Set aside.
2. To make the filling, in a small glass dissolve the gelatin in the 2 tablespoons of water.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high, bring the juice to a boil. Stir in the dissolved gelatin, then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese and cream of coconut. Add the raspberry jam and gelatin and mix until smooth.
5. In another medium bowl, use an electric mixer with clean beaters to whip the cream until it holds medium peaks. Working in 2 batches, gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in the raspberries, reserving a few for garnish. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie shell. Top with the toasted coconut and the reserved raspberries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition information per serving: 520 calories; 350 calories from fat (67 percent of total calories); 39 g fat (26 g saturated; 15 g trans fats); 90 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 29 g sugar; 5 g protein; 190 mg sodium.
Copyright © 2015, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved