- CAPITAL CITY BASS OPEN TEAM TOURNAMENT: 3 p.m. weigh-in, public landing, Henderson Lake, Henderson.
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Waddill Wildlife Education Center, North Flannery Road, Baton Rouge.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email: Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
- GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon Road, Port Fourchon. Admiral’s Party, July 4. Fishing competition through 6 p.m. July 6.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- 2ND-ANNUAL GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO ‘KING OF THE CATCH’ COOK-OFF: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon Road, Port Fourchon. Fee $50. Tasting $15. Entries must contain Louisiana seafood. $500 awards for top dish in People’s Choice-Catch, King of the Catch & King’s Presentation categories. Website: www.gmfourchontarponrodeo.com.
- MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: PaloAltoGunClub.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JULY 8 — RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: www.rsff.org.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JULY 13 — CASTING FOR KIDS RODEO: Bobby Lynn’s Marina, Leeville. Adult, Children’s & Kayak divisions. Fee $30 includes dinner, T-shirt. Benefits Palliative Care Foundation of Baton Rouge. Call Janet Rhodus (225) 413-4414.
- JULY 13 — CCA LOUISIANA SPECKS & SPOTS FISHING TOURNAMENT: 6 a.m. to 1-3 p.m. weigh-in Quintana Landing, La. 319, Cypremort Point. CCA members in 4-angler teams for Speckled Trout (2 fish) and Redfish (2 fish. 16 inches to less than 27 inches long) divisions. Cash prizes for top 10 teams in each division. Fee $175/team. Pretournament registration 3-8 p.m. July 12. Optional captain’s meeting 6:30 p.m. July 12. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- JULY 17 —CCA/WESTSIDE CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Carl Grant Civic Center, Plaquemine. Tickets $60, spouses $30, 17-under $25. Supper, live/silent auctions. Call Geri Lynne Gilbert (225) 776-7112.
- JULY 18 — CCA/BAYOU LAFOURCHE CHAPTER BANQUET: 6 p.m., Warren Harang Jr. Municipal Auditorium, Civic Center, Thibodaux. Tickets $60, spouse $30, 17-under $25. Supper, live/silent auctions. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- AUG. 17 — 12TH-ANNUAL BATON ROUGE CHAPTER, ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Crowne Plaza, 4728 Constitution Ave., Baton Rouge. Dinner, live & silent auctions, raffles & Wall of Guns. Call Tobbie Windham (225) 665-0753 or Oren May (225) 924-5303.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Closed in federal waters. Open in state waters weekends only through September with three-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size. Anglers must have no-fee Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit (website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov/Permit/Apply.
- RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK & GAG GROUPER SEASONS CLOSED: Through Sunday, June 30 for gag grouper & through July 31 for greater amberjack throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
- COMMERCIAL AMBERJACK SEASON CLOSURE: Effective 10:01 a.m. Monday (July 1) in state and federal waters for remainder of 2013.
Have an event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved