- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- GRAND ISLE FLY FISHING WEEKEND: Grand Isle. Sponsored by south Louisiana and Mississippi fly-fishing clubs. Registration required. Call Randy Leonpacher (225) 769-1895 or Barry Dauphin (337) 873-8912. Website: www.rsff.org.
- 5TH NASP WORLD ARCHERY CHAMPIONSHIP: America Center/Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis.
- LA. STATE PARKS WEBSITE RESERVATION SYSTEM SHUTDOWN: 7 p.m. Friday through 7 a.m. Monday, www.LaStateParks.com. Phone-in reservations available 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday (877) 226-7652.
- LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES/REDFISH: Sweetwater Marina, Delacroix. Fifth in 7-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch, live-fish weigh-in, redfish tagged/released. Website: www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS OPEN TEAM TOURNAMENT: Public landing, Henderson Lake, Henderson. $50/team tournament fee. 100-percent payback. Third in three-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Waddill Wildlife Education Center, North Flannery Road, Baton Rouge.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email: Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JULY 4-6 — GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon Road, Port Fourchon. Admiral’s Party, July 4. Fishing competition through 6 p.m. July 6.
- JULY 6 — 2ND-ANNUAL GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO COOK-OFF: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon Road, Port Fourchon. Awards in three categories.
- JULY 6 — MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- JULY 8 — RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: www.rsff.org.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JULY 13 — CASTING FOR KIDS RODEO: Bobby Lynn’s Marina, Leeville. Adult, Children’s & Kayak divisions. Fee $30 includes dinner, T-shirt. Benefits Palliative Care Foundation of Baton Rouge. Call Janet Rhodus (225) 413-4414.
- AUG. 17 — 12TH-ANNUAL BATON ROUGE CHAPTER, ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Crowne Plaza, 4728 Constitution Ave., Baton Rouge. Dinner, live & silent auctions, raffles & Wall of Guns. Call Tobbie Windham (225) 665-0753 or Oren May (225) 924-5303.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Extended through 12:01 a.m. Saturday, June 29 in federal waters off Louisiana coast. Two-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size.
- RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK & GAG GROUPER SEASONS CLOSED: Through Sunday, June 30 for gag grouper & through July 31 for greater amberjack throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
Have an event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved