Police arrest gunman in Tigerland holdup
A 20-year-old man accused of pointing a gun at another man’s head and robbing him of his personal belongings near Tigerland was arrested Friday by Baton Rouge police.
Keden Larone Jones, 20, 4639 Tigerland Ave. Apt. A-9, Baton Rouge, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery, prison records show.
Jones and two other people, who remain at large, allegedly robbed the victim of his cellphone and other belongings near the Circle K at 4405 Alvin Dark, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Investigators located Jones less than an hour after the incident, when police responded to a nearby fight and were told by Jones’ mother that the argument was over a cellphone she had never seen.
Investigators soon located Jones and discovered that the cell phone was the victim’s missing phone.
on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 17 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Thekla Behrens, 20, 7575 Pennhill Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense underage DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Amy Bellew, 41, 24330 La. 16, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI and careless operation of a vehicle.
- Steven Britt, 50, 12531 Coursey Blvd., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Kevin Brown, 56, 13266 Lovett Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Thomas Carter, 29, 10130 Noel Thomas Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and blocking an intersection.
- Willie Carter, 41, 10562 Catherine St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, child restraint required and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Richard Ford, 45, 15561 Plank Road, Baker, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
- Josh Guillot, 25, 15178 E. Villa Court, Gonzales, first-offense DWI and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Freddie Jackson, 22, 2855 Jefferson Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Rhonda Jackson, 58, 3681 Whitehaven, Zachary, first-offense DWI and failure to yield left turn.
- Rahul Kumar, 22, 11555 Southfork Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Edward Robinson, 38, 2533 Madison St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, improper lane usage and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Dimitris Rucker, 35, 10014 Street G, St. Francisville, first-offense DWI, careless operation of a vehicle and a one-way street violation.
- Stanley Sheppard, 57, 3435 Ontario St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Nicholas Tarver, 21, 13939 N. Leeanne Drive, Lot 13, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Travis Tennart, 32, 5258 Jean St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required and other laws of the road.
- Calvin Washington, 50, 3343 Red Eye Lane, Brusly, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225)388-0369.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved