- SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. NRA 200-yard match course. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program. Call George Serrett; (225) 272-3538. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5TH ANNUAL FISHING FOR MEMORIES: Final day, Abbeville Harbor & Terminal Public Boat Launch, Intracoastal City. Live auction, 1:30 p.m. Benefits Alzheimer’s Association. Website: http://www.fishingformemories.org.
- BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Final day, Mississippi River Rumble, Mississippi River, La Crosse, Wisc. Sixth in 8-tournament series to determine 2014 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Live weigh-in website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Orvis Shop, 7601 Bluebonnet Blvd. Baton Rouge. Call Pete Bongiovanni (225) 335-4596. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: http://finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email: Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- GRAND ISLE FLY FISHING WEEKEND: Grand Isle. Sponsored by south Louisiana and Mississippi fly-fishing clubs. Registration required. Call Randy Leonpacher (225) 769-1895 or Barry Dauphin (337) 873-8912. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- 5TH NASP WORLD ARCHERY CHAMPIONSHIP: America Center/Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis.
- LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES/REDFISH: Sweetwater Marina, Delacroix. Fifth in 7-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch, live-fish weigh-in, redfish tagged/released. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
SUNDAY, JUNE 30
- CAPITAL CITY BASS OPEN TEAM TOURNAMENT: Public landing, Henderson Lake, Henderson. $50/team tournament fee. 100-percent payback. Third in three-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JULY 2 — LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Waddill Wildlife Education Center, North Flannery Road, Baton Rouge.
- JULY 4-6 — GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon Road, Port Fourchon. Admiral’s Party, July 4. Fishing competition through 6 p.m. July 6.
- JULY 6 — 2ND-ANNUAL GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO COOK-OFF: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon Road, Port Fourchon. Awards in three categories.
- JULY 6 — MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 28-30 — LA. STATE PARKS WEBSITE RESERVATION SYSTEM SHUTDOWN: 7 p.m. June 28 through 7 a.m. July 1, http://www.LaStateParks.com. Phone-in reservations available 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday (877) 226-7652.
- JULY 13 — CASTING FOR KIDS RODEO: Bobby Lynn’s Marina, Leeville. Adult, Children’s & Kayak divisions. Fee $30 includes dinner, T-shirt. Benefits Palliative Care Foundation of Baton Rouge. Call Janet Rhodus (225) 413-4414.
- AUG. 17 — 12TH-ANNUAL BATON ROUGE CHAPTER, ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Crowne Plaza, 4728 Constitution Ave., Baton Rouge. Dinner, live & silent auctions, raffles & Wall of Guns. Call Tobbie Windham (225) 665-0753 or Oren May (225) 924-5303.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Extended through 12:01 a.m. Saturday, June 29 in federal waters off Louisiana coast. Two-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size.
- RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK & GAG GROUPER SEASONS CLOSED: Through Sunday, June 30 for gag grouper & through July 31 for greater amberjack throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
Have an event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved