More Pramuk events are scheduled
The LSU Museum of Art has scheduled several events coinciding with its exhibits, An Eye on Jazz: Photographs by Herman Leonard and Edward Pramuk: Seeing Music.
- In connection with the exhibitions, Baton Rouge photographer David Humphreys has produced a 16-by-20-inch limited edition, signed, fine art print of Edward Pramuk’s “Bat’s Blues (for Alvin Batiste).” This print is available for sale through the LSU Museum of Art Store.
- 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 3, Films at the Manship — Seeing Music Jazz Matinee, featuring Guys and Dolls, Manship Theatre in the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette Show.
- 2 p.m. Sunday, July 7, Discover the Collection: Visual and Verbal. Explore the connections between images and words, how inspiration is found and ideas are expanded through works by Leonard and Pramuk. Admission is free.
- 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 10, Films at the Manship — Seeing Music Jazz Matinee, featuring Lady Sings the Blues, Manship Theatre.
- 2 p.m. Saturday, July 13, Saturday Arts for Families: Nurse Betsy Braud. Learn about the art of percussion. Explore music directly. Participate in a family friendly music program designed to engage children of all ages. Experience the art of music with noted musician and arts educator Braud. Admission is free.
For more information, call (225) 389-7200 or visit http://www.lsumoa.org.
Copyright © 2015, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved