Makes 1 (12-cup) Bundt cake. Recipe is provided by Louisiana Culinary Institute.
2 cups cake flour
11/2 cups granulated sugar
4 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
11/2 cups butter
3 tbls. vegetable oil
1 (3.5-oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Louisiana rum
1. Mix together cake flour, 11/2 cups sugar, baking powder, salt, butter and 3 tablespoons oil.
2. Add instant vanilla pudding, milk, eggs, rum, remaining oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Spray 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick vegetable spray or grease and flour the pan.
4. Add batter to pan and bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes.
4. Prepare Soaker by melting remaining butter with water and 1 cup sugar. Add rum. Pour hot Soaker over cake.
Editor’s note: This recipe was changed June 13, 2013, to correct the amount of baking powder and salt.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved