Tony Chachere’s Eggs Benedict Casserole
With Creole Crawfish Hollandaise Sauce
Serves 10 to 12. Recipe from Tony Chachere’s is provided by Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry.
8 large eggs
2 cups milk
3 green onions, chopped
2 tsps. Tony Chachere’s Bold Creole Seasoning
3/4 lb. Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
6 English muffins, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 tsp. paprika
½ stick butter
1 (.9-oz.) pkg. hollandaise sauce mix
½ cup milk
2 tbls. Tony Chachere’s Creole Sandwich Sauce
½ stick butter
½ lb. crawfish tails (or shrimp)
1. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Whisk eggs, 2 cups milk, green onions and Tony Chachere’s Bold Creole Seasoning in a large bowl until well mixed.
3. Layer half the Canadian bacon in the prepared baking dish. Spread English muffins over bacon and top with remaining Canadian bacon. Pour egg mixture over casserole. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour melted butter on top of casserole. Sprinkle casserole with paprika; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until eggs are nearly set, about 30 minutes; remove foil. Continue baking until eggs are completely set, about 15 more minutes.
5. Heat remaining ½ stick butter in skillet. Add ½ cup of milk. Bring to a boil. Whisk in hollandaise sauce, stirring frequently. Add the Creole sandwich sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Add crawfish. Cut casserole into squares. Spoon sauce over casserole to serve.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved