Roasted Tomato Gazpacho
Serves 4. Recipe is from Louisiana Culinary Institute.
10 fresh tomatoes, cored, peeled, quartered and seeded
1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
1 oz. olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic
1 tbl. fresh oregano
1 tbl. fresh basil
2 tbls. cane vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Small croutons, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Toss tomatoes and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Lay out on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes.
2. In a sauté pan, sauté onion and garlic in remaining olive oil. Add oregano and basil; cook for 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Remove tomatoes and pepper from oven; cool completely.
4. Place all cooked ingredients and vinegar in a blender and process until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Place tomato mixture into a stainless steel or glass dish and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. To serve, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with small croutons.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved