- 17TH ANNUAL GRAND ISLE SPECKLED TROUT RODEO: Final day, noon weigh-in deadline. Bridge Side Marina, Grand Isle.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS OPEN TEAM TOURNAMENT: 3 p.m. weigh-in, Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville.
- MEMORIAL DAY
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs Call Pete Bongiovanni (225) 335-4596. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
- CENLA CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Riverfront Center, 707 Main St., Alexandria. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- FATHER-DAUGHTER FISHING RODEO: 5-8 p.m. Friday, registration & dinner; 6 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, father-daughter fishing/2-4 p.m. weighstation open, 4-6 p.m. awards & dinner. Moran’s Marina, Fourchon. Ages 10-under, 11-15 and 16-older divisions. All legal indoor/offshore fish species accepted. Fee $40. Benefits Belle Bowman Foundation. Call Matt Marchand (225) 931-7050. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.bellabowman.org.
- 16TH ANNUAL SAVE OUR LAKE & COAST FISHING RODEO: 2-5 p.m. May 31 & noon-4 p.m. June 1, Kenner Boat Launch, Williams Boulevard, Kenner. Pontchartrain Basin fishing area. Fees $40 adult rodeo & Kayak divisions, $15 youth rodeo. 8 species, Big Kahuna, Kayak Kahuna, Biggest Crab & 5-trout stringer categories. In conjunction with Mau 31-June 2 Back to the Beach Fest. Call (504) 836-2205. Website: http://www.saveourlake.org.
- LAKE CHARLES TROUT SHOOTOUT: Calcasieu Point Landing, Calcasieu Lake, Lake Charles. 7 a.m.-1 p.m. weigh-in. Prizes for heaviest fish each hour. 20 places overall CITGO Adult Division & 20 places Whitney Bank Youth Division. Fee $30 adult. Youths no fee when fishing with an adult. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- ORVIS FLY FISHING 201: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Advanced casting, rigging, knots. Also June 15. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT CLASS: Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Gordon Hutchinson instructor. Fee charged. Call Hutchinson (225) 335-1571. Email: email@example.com.
- MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- TOYOTA TUNDRA BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES/LOUISIANA DIVISION: Louisiana Delta, Bayou Segnette State Park, Westwego. Fee $200/boater, $100/co-angler. Fourth in five-event series. Top 40 boaters/co-anglers qualify for regional. Call (888) 203-6222. Website: www.weekendseries.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JUNE 4 — CWPPRA TASK FORCE MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Room 119, NOAA Estuarine Habitats & Coastal Fisheries Center, 646 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette. Technical Committee recommendations for FY2014 Planning Budget & Phase I engineering & design decision. Call Brad Inman (504) 862-2124. Website: http://www.mnv.usace.mil/Missions/Environmental/CWPPRA.aspx.
- JUNE 5-7 — BASSMASTER FEDERATION NATION CENTRAL DIVISIONAL: Sam Rayburn Reservoir, Lufkin, Texas. State winners qualify for 2014 Bassmaster Classic.
- JUNE 6 — CAJUN CCA BANQUET: 6 p.m., South Crowley KC Hall, Crowley. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 6-8 — 16TH-ANNUAL SWOLLFEST FISHING RODEO: Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle. Website: http://www.swolfest.com.
- JUNE 8 — LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES/REDFISH: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon. Fourth in 7-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch, live-fish weigh-in, redfish tagged/released. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- JUNE 8 — ORVIS FLY FISHING 101: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Beginners basics of casting, rigging, knots. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- JUNE 8 — SAC-A-LAIT/BREAM FISHING WITH THE JIGGIN’ POLE CLASS: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., LSU, Baton Rouge. J.B. Salter-taught class. Fee $42/LSU Union members & students, $53/nonmembers. Hands-on & classroom instruction, artificial & live baits, patterns & area fishing hotspots. Call LSU Leisure Studies (225) 578-5118.
- JUNE 8 — 21 U.S. FOREST SERVICE FEE-FREE DAY: 10 a.m.-No fees to use USFS lands nationwide. Other fee-free days Sept. 28 & Nov. 9-11. Call USFS (866) 632-9992.
- JUNE 8-9 — LOUISIANA FREE FISHING WEEKEND: No recreational fishing license required for residents and nonresidents to fish in Louisiana freshwater and saltwater areas. Website: http://www.wlf.la.gov.
- JUNE 9-12 — BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Alabama River, Montgomery, Ala. Fifth in 8-tournament series to determine 2014 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Website: http://www.bass
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 15 — 8TH ANNUAL EAST ASCENSION SPORTSMAN’S LEAGUE SPORTING CLAYS SCRAMBLE: 8:30 a.m., Hunter’s Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 100-target Individual & Team events. Fee $80/shooter, $300/corporate teams (4), $125 station sponsor, includes lunch. Call Barney Callahan (225) 445-6870. Website: http://www.easlonline.org.
- JUNE 1 — RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK SEASON CLOSED: Effective June 1 through July 31. Recreational greater amberjack season throughout Gulf of Mexico.
- HUNTING SEASONS
- SPRING SQUIRREL: Through Sunday (May 26). Daily limit 3. Possession limit 6 after opening day. Private lands only.
Have an event? Email:
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved