Around Baton Rouge for May 23, 2013
- BREC: 5 p.m., BREC Administrative Building, 6201 Florida Blvd.
- DIG INTO READING SCAVENGER HUNT: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., 12910 Old Hammond Highway. Children, ages 7-11, are invited to a scavenger hunt and to make bookmarks. (225) 924-9385.
- PEANUT BUTTER CUP MINI GOLF TOURNAMENT: 6 p.m., Celebration Station, 10111 Gwenadele Ave. 10/31 Consortium, a local Halloween club, will hold the tournament to benefit Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital. Teams can have four people or less. Tickets are $25 for 10/31 Consortium members, $31 for non-members, $15 for ages 12 and under. Tickets include 18 holes of mini golf, 20 tokens and passes to two other attractions. The winners will receive prizes. (225) 892-1245.
- ROCK N ROWE: 6 p.m., Town Square Park, 10202 Perkins Rowe. After 8 will perform at the free concert. (225) 767-2000.
- MARRIAGE AND MONEY: 6:30 p.m., Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. Becky Buckley Cowart, regional vice president of Primerica, will discuss marriage and money. (225) 274-4440.
- “TO THE WONDER”: 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The romantic film stars Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams and Olga Kurylenko. Tickets are $8.50. (225) 344-0334.
- “SHOUT!”: 7:30 p.m., Independence Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. The New Venture Theatre production tells the story of the American black experience through gospel music. Tickets are $20. (225) 588-7576 or http://www.newventuretheatre.com.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved