New Orleans Events Calendar for July 11-17, 2013
- GOAT BUTCHERING DEMO: 6 p.m., Cleaver & Co., 3917 Baronne St., New Orleans. In preparation for the Slow Goat event on July 12 with St. James Cheese Company and Slow Food NOLA, this demonstration will show how to deconstruct a goat into its primal cuts and roasts and discuss the best use of each part. Participants will be able to buy any part not being used for Slow Goat at a 10 percent discount that night. $35. (504) 227-3830.
- BARBARIN FOUNDATION FUNRAISER: 6 p.m., The Old U.S. Mint, 400 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans. The Barbarin Foundation’s Inaugural fundraising event will honor Louis and Paul Barbarin and Danny Barker. Attire is semi formal. Music by Carl LeBlanc and his Jazz Band with a special guest. Refreshments available. $52, advance; $60, door. http://www.thelmf.org.
- SAN FERMIN IN NUEVA ORLEANS: Event pays homage to the world famous Encierro of Pamplona, Spain, but the bulls are select participants from roller derby leagues across the country. The event is open to the public, but registration is mandatory for access to the festival. Go to http://nolabulls.com.
- SLOW GOAT: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., St. James Cheese Company, 5004 Prytania St., New Orleans. Beer, wine and sangria will be offered with small plates. All drinks and small plates are $5. Proceeds from the evening will benefit Slow Food NOLA. http://slowfoodnola.com.
- STORYQUEST “CATS”: 11:30 a.m., New Orleans Museum of Art, One Collins C. Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. Professional authors, actors and artists bring the world of children’s literature to NOMA in this family program. noma.org
- BIG EASY ROLLERGIRLS RUNNING OF THE BULLS AFTERPARTY: 10:30 a.m., Indulge Island Grill, 845 Carondelet St., New Orleans. Pool party. $10. brownpapertickets.com.
- JOSH GROBAN-ALL THAT ECHOES ARTIST CUT: 7:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Josh Groban performs at New York’s Lincoln Center and answers questions from his fans. Includes a behind-the-scenes look at the making of “All That Echoes.” http://www.amctheatres.com.
- WEDNESDAYS ON THE POINT RIVERFRONT FESTIVAL: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., 200 Morgan St. riverside where the Algiers Ferry Terminal meets the levee. Live music by Amanda Shaw & The Cute Guys and Mike Paille & The New Orleans Rhythm Devils. Arts and crafts vendors and food. Free. (504) 362-6436.
- THE HISTORIC NEW ORLEANS COLLECTION: 533 Royal St., New Orleans. “Pipe Dreams: Louisiana under the French Company of the Indies, 1717–1731,” through Sept. 15. Hours: 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Tuesday–Saturday and 10:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Sunday. Free.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved