Fairs & festivals for May 17, 2013
FRIDAY-SATURDAY, MAY 17-18
- BIODIVERSITY FESTIVAL: Barataria Preserve, Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, Marrero. Music, science demonstrations, hands-on activities food and art. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/bioblitz
- STARKS MAYHAW FESTIVAL: La. 109 at La. 12, Starks. Jelly-making, carnival rides, live music. http://www.visitlakecharles.org.
FRIDAY-SUNDAY, MAY 17-19
- MID-CITY BAYOU BOOGALOO FESTIVAL: banks of Bayou St. John, next to City Park, New Orleans. Music on three stages, food, local culture, art market, bicycle second line and rubber duck derby. http://thebayouboogaloo.com.
- PLAQUEMINES PARISH SEAFOOD FESTIVAL: F. Edward Hebert Boulevard, just off Woodland Highway, Belle Chasse. Food, crafts, live music, carnival and more. Benefiting local charities. http://www.plaqueminesparishfestival.com.
- TUNICA-BILOXI POWWOW: Chief Joseph Alcide Pierite Powwow Grounds, Tunica-Biloxi Tribe Reservation, Marksville. Music, arts and crafts, dance competitions, food. Special performances by New Mexico-based native rock musician Robby Romero at 11 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. Saturday. http://www.tunicapowwow.org or (800) 946-1946.
THURSDAY-SUNDAY, MAY 23-26
- JAMBALAYA FESTIVAL: Gonzales Civic Center and surrounding grounds, Gonzales. World champion jambalaya served daily, live music, entertainment, carnival rides, cooking contests, variety of food. http://www.jambalayafestival.org.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved