- BAYOU CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Houma Civic Center, Houma. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- BASSMASTER CENTRAL OPEN: Red River, Shreveport. First in 3-event series/winner qualifies for Bassmaster Classic. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- 2ND ANNUAL CARTER’S BASS TOURNAMENT: 3 a.m. check-in, 3 p.m. weigh-in, Manchac-North Pass Public Landing. Pick-your-partner. Fee $150/boat, $15 no-bass pot, $15 big-bass pot. Benefits Woodland Outdoor Ministries for handicapped and underprivileged youths & adults for hunting/fishing trips. Mandatory captain’s meeting 6:30 p.m. April 25, Springfield Fire Dept. Call Cory Forbes (225) 505-5678 or Brian Lockhart (225) 938-9262.
- 5TH ANNUAL LAKESHORE LIONS CLAYS FOR CHILDREN: 8 a.m., Hunter’s Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 4-shooter teams. 100-target sporting clays. 12- & 20-gauge shells provided. Fee $125/adults, $100/under-14 youths (includes breakfast, lunch). Sponsorships available. Benefits Lions Physically Challenged Children’s Camp & Eye Foundation. Call Lions Club (225) 931-7900. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- LA. BULLS EYE CONVENTIONAL PISTOL MATCH: 9 a.m., Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. Timed & Rapid-fire match, NRA rules, .22 rim fire, .22 centerfire & .45 ACP pistols. Fee $7. Call Skip Blanchard (504) 427-0050.
- FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- ORVIS FLY FISHING 101: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Casting, rigging, knots. Also May 4, 18, 25 & June 8. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. NRA 200-yard match course. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 CMP membership. Call George Serrett; (225) 272-3538.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Doiron’s Landing-East, Stephensville. $30 membership fee. $100/team tournament fee. Fifth in eight-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071.
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: http://finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THURSDAY, MAY 2
- LAKE CHARLES CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Burton Coliseum, Lake Charles. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
AROUND THE CORNER
- MAY 2-5 — BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: West Point Lake, Lagrange, Ga. Fourth in 8-tournament series. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- MAY 3 — SHATTERIN’ CLAY FOR GAITWAY: Hunter’s Run Gun Club, 1365 Northwest Dr., Port Allen. Sporting Clays shoot. Fees: $150/person, $600/4-shooter team (includes lunch). Benefits GaitWay Therapeutic Horsemanship program. Email: Roberta@gaitway.org.
- MAY 3-4 — NATCHITOCHES FLY EXPO: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Prather Coliseum, Natchitoches. Programs, fly tying demos, casting instruction, kayak demos. Sponsored by Cane Country Fly Casters. Call Burley Johnson (318) 352-3522. Website: http://canecountry.blogspot.com.
- MAY 3-5 — NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING & EXHIBITS: George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston. Website: http://www.nraam.org.
- MAY 4 — MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class, FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone. Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- MAY 4 — TOYOTA TUNDRA BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES/LOUISIANA DIVISION: Atchafalaya Basin, Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Fees $200/boater, $100/co-angler. Third in five-event series. Call (888) 203-6222.
- MAY 4 — LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES/REDFISH: SeaWay Marina, Lafitte. Third in 7-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch, live-fish weigh-in. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- MAY 3 — IBERVILLE DUCKS UNLIMITED BANQUET: 6 p.m., Chateau Blanc, 34625 KC Drive, White Castle. Call Bambi Charlet Hood (225) 719-1237.
- MAY 4 — CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT CLASS: Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Gordon Hutchinson instructor. Fee charged. Also June 1. Call Hutchinson (225) 335-1571.
- MAY 7 — LOUISIANA BLACK BEAR WORKSHOP: 6:30 p.m., Deville Fire District 6 Training Center, 1244 La. 115, Deville. No fee. Information about living near and hunting within black bear habitat & current/future management plans.
- MAY 11 — WALKER HIGH POWER LIFTING BIG BASS BASH: Dorion’s Landing, Stephensville. Fee $100 (70 percent payback). Open to all anglers. Call John Chaney (225) 413-5142.
- MAY 11 — 11TH-ANNUAL BERT JONES SPORTING CLAYS: 8:30 a.m. & 1 p.m. course starts. Camp T.L. James, Downsville. 5-shooter teams. Fee $250/shooter includes refreshments, lunch. Sponsorship levels available. Benefits Louisiana Purchase Council, Boy Scouts of America. Registration deadline May 8. Call Darren Grant (318) 325-4634.
- MAY 24-26 — 17TH-ANNUAL GRAND ISLE SPECKLED TROUT RODEO: Bridge Side Marina, Grand Isle. 8-daily awards in Speckled Trout. 9 other categories. Louisiana Master Speckled Trout Angler of the Year event. Includes Youth/12-younger Division. Call Bridge Side Marina (985) 787-2419 or Bob Sevin (985) 787-2968.
- SPRING SQUIRREL: May 4-26. Daily limit 3. Possession limit 6 after opening day. Private lands only & selected state wildlife management areas. Closed areas include Kisatchie National Forest lands, all national wildlife refuges & U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lands.
- SPRING TURKEY: All areas closed.
Have an event? Email: email@example.com.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved