New Orleans events calendar, May 2-8, 2013
THURSDAY AND TUESDAY
- “WAIT WAIT... DON’T TELL ME!” LIVE: 7 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Quiz show host Peter Sagal and judge/scorekeeper Carl Kasell welcome panelists Paula Poundstone, Mo Rocca and Tom Bodett. http://www.amctheatres.com.
- WHITNEY ZOO-TO-DO: Audubon Zoo, 6500 Magazine St. New Orleans. Silent auction, vehicle raffle, cocktails, food, music. Attire: Black tie or white linen suit. http://www.auduboninstitute.org.
- TOMATO FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church, 2320 Paris Road, Chalmette. Family festival with amusement rides and games.
- MAY DAY — MAYWEATHER VS GUERRERO: 8 p.m., AMC Palace Theatre 16 Westbank, 1151 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey. Floyd Mayweather defends his WBC Welterweight Title against Robert Guerrero. http://www.amctheatres.com.
TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
- HIDDEN TREASURES — COMMEMORATIVE ARTS EDITION: 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., Old U.S. Mint, 400 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans. Katie Burlison, curator of the Decorative Arts for the Louisiana State Museum, will guide guests through collections for Napoleonic awards given to war heroes and politicians, souvenirs from the 1984 World’s Fair and more. $20; $15, Friends of the Cabildo/Louisiana Museum Foundation members. Reservations required. (504) 523-3939.
- HARRISON AVENUE MARKETPLACE: 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., 801 Harrison Ave., New Orleans. Music, food, shopping from local vendors and artists. http://www.harrisonavenuemarketplace.org.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved