- CCA METRO NOLA SPRING FISHING SEMINAR: 5:15 p.m., Bent Marine, Metairie. Inshore, nearshore & offshore charter skippers. Red beans & rice dinner. Fee $5 (ladies & kids free). Door prizes & raffles.
- ACADIANA CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Frem F. Boustany Center, Heymann Center, Lafayette. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths. Call Stuart Billeaud (337) 278-7560 or Ryan Guerin (225) 952-9200.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Wednesdays through Aug. 25 with Aug. 31 “classic.” Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NORTHSHORE CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 6 p.m., Castine Center, 63350 Pelican Blvd., Mandeville. Tickets $60, $30 spouses/associate, $25 youths (17-under). Live/silent auctions, raffles. Call Adam Guillory (504) 460-7345 or Ryan Guerin (225) 952-9200.
- BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Bull Shoals Quest, Bull Shoals Lake, Ark. Third in 8-tournament series to determine 2014 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- CCA LOUISIANA INAUGURAL SPORTING CLAYS CLASSIC: Covey Rise Farms, Husser. Warm-up shoot, John Besh supper, 4:30-9 p.m., April 19; 4-shooter teams, 7:30 a.m. registration, shoot & lunch, April 20. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- TEXAS CUSTOM ROD AND TACKLE SHOW: Jimmy Burke Activity Center, Deer Park, Texas. Free. Rodbuilding classes, plus fishing, tackle-making, fly-tying seminar. Proceeds benefit Shriner’s Childrens Hospital, Project Healing Waters, and Rods for Soldiers. Website: http://www.texasrodshow.com
- BAYOU STATE HIGH POWER RIFLE REGIONALS: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 4-man team National Match Course match & other competition. Website: http://www.PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES: Calcasieu Point Landing, Lake Charles. Second in seven-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch. Live-fish weigh-in. Redfish tagged/released. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- THE CAMP BEGINNERS FLY FISHING SCHOOL: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., The Camp Facility, Breaux Bridge. Fee $135 includes instruction, lunch, handouts. Workshop focuses on basics of fly fishing and casting. FFF-certified instructors. Call Keith Richard (337) 344-0908. Website: http://www.thecampflyfishingschool.com.
- ORVIS FLY FISHING 101: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Beginners basics of casting, rigging, knots. Also April 27, May 4, 18, 25 & June 8. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- KIDS’ OUTDOOR SKILLS CHALLENGE: 1-4 p.m., Bass Pro Shops’ Denham Springs. Knot tying, packing backpack “challenge, archery, casting pond. First 100 kids completing all activities get a BPShops flashing wristband. Also April 28.
- RUMBLE ON THE RIVER BASS TOURNAMENT: 6:30 a.m. start time, 3:30 a.m. check-in Palace Truck Stop, I-10 at U.S. 51; Pierre Part Store, La. 70; Riverside Academy, Reserve. Open-waters, pick-your-partner event. 3 p.m. weigh-in, Riverside Academy. Fee $110/team ($130 tournament day). $10,000 first-place (200 boat field), 100-percent payback. In conjunction with Riverside Spring Festival, team “calcutta” Saturday night. Call Thomas Hymel (225) 206-1517.
AROUND THE CORNER
- APRIL 22 — RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Conference Room, Cabela’s, Gonzales. Call Pete Bongiovanni (225) 335-4596. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- APRIL 24 — EAST JEFF CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Landmark Hotel, 2601 Severn Ave., Metairie. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- APRIL 25 — BAYOU CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Houma Civic Center, Houma. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- APRIL 27 — 5TH ANNUAL LAKESHORE LIONS CLAYS FOR CHILDREN: 8 a.m., Hunter’s Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 4-shooter teams. 100-target sporting clays. 12-gauge and 20-gauge shells provided. Fee $125/adults, $100/under-14 youths (includes breakfast, lunch). Sponsorships available. Benefits Lions Physically Challenged Children’s Camp & Eye Foundation. Call Lions Club (225) 931-7900. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APRIL 27 — 2ND ANNUAL CARTER’S BASS TOURNAMENT: 3 a.m. check-in, 3 p.m. weigh-in, Manchac-North Pass Public Landing. Pick-your-partner. Fee $150/boat, $15 no-bass pot, $15 big-bass pot. Benefits Woodland Outdoor Ministries for handicapped and underprivileged youths & adults for hunting/fishing trips. Sponsored by Carter’s Supermarket. Mandatory captain’s meeting 6:30 p.m. April 25, Springfield Fire Dept., 32280 Terry St., Springfield. First place custom Gator Trax Boat ($20,000 value.) Call Cory Forbes (225) 505-5678 or Brian Lockhart (225) 938-9262.
- TURKEY: Through Sunday (April 14), Area B lands; through April 21, Area A lands. Limit: 1 per day, 2 per season. Must use state turkey tags. Area C lands closed.
Have an event? Email:
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved