Around Baton Rouge for April 9, 2013
- DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT: 8 a.m., Town Lawn, North Boulevard Town Square. Projects such as IBM and the Richoux Building acquisition will be discussed. In case of inclement weather, the meeting will be moved to the River Center Library. (225) 389-5520.
- HOOPER IMPROVEMENTS: 6 p.m., Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Community Room, 9696 Plank Road. Baton Rouge Metro Councilwomen Chauna Banks-Daniel and Ronnie Edwards host a meeting to discuss the Hooper Storage Capacity Improvement Project. (225) 389-8331.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. (225) 924-4271.
- NEW MAGNET PROGRAMS: 6 p.m., Lee High School, 1105 Lee Drive, and Belfair Elementary School, 4451 Fairfields Ave. Parents and students can learn about new magnet programs, magnet schools and the application process for the 2013-14 school year.
- LSU MEN AND WOMEN CHORAL CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., St. Alban’s Episcopal Chapel, LSU campus, Dalrymple. Cost is $10 for general public and $4 for students and seniors. (225) 578-6941.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved