Fire causes center residents to evacuate
The St. George Fire Department investigated a minor blaze that broke out in one of the rooms at Carrington Place of Baton Rouge Senior Care facility, 8225 Summa Ave.
The sprinkler system doused the flames before firefighters arrived at 5:56 p.m., Fire Department spokesman Eldon Ledoux said.
The cause was determined to be “improper disposal of smoking materials,” Ledoux said.
The fire was extinguished at 6:02 p.m., Ledoux said.
The facility’s residents were evacuated during the emergency and afterward, all were accounted for, Ledoux said.
East Baton Rouge Emergency Medical Services transported one person to a hospital for further evaluation, Ledoux said.
Authorities book 6 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.
Copyright © 2015, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved