- DAILEY’S PITCH-BY-PITCH ACADEMY FUN & FUNDAMENTALS LEAGUE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 9 for league running April 12 to June 15. Bill Dailey Academy, 9122 Castille Rd, Baton Rouge. Boys 6-7 & 8-9 age leagues. Fee $150. Call Bill Dailey (225)939-0268. Email: email@example.com.
- ST. GABRIEL T-BALL/COACHES PITCH/KIDS PITCH LEAGUES REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 19, Community Center, St. Gabriel. T- Ball/Coaches Pitch, boys & girls ages 4-6, fee $100/team. Kids Pitch, boys ages 9-14, fee $150/team. Call St. Gabriel Rec (225) 642-2505.
- LEWIS YMCA SUMMER YOUTH LEAGUE REGISTRATION: Through May 10, A.C. Lewis YMCA, Baton Rouge. Ages 3-11. Fee $40 members, $85 nonmembers. Call Lewis YMCA (225) 924-3606.
- PENNINGTON YMCA SUMMER YOUTH LEAGUE REGISTRATION: Through May 17, Pennington YMCA, Baton Rouge. Ages 3-12 for June 3-July 27 league. Fees $40 members, $85 nonmembers. Call Steve Ryan (225) 272-9622. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LUNCH BUNCH: Noon, Tuesdays/Thursdays, Istrouma Baptist Church gym, Baton Rouge. No fee.
- NORTHSHORE LP-BOYS ONLY TOURNAMENT: April 13, New Orleans. Fee $84/2 games, $114/3 games. Entry deadline 6 p.m. April 7. Call Mike Picou (225) 933-4084 or Tammy Laborde (225) 603-8796.
- MGG GIRLS QUEENS OF THE COURT: April 13-14, Denham Springs. Fee $60/game. 3-game max. Entry deadline 6 p.m. April 7. Call Mike Picou (225) 933-4084 or Tammy Laborde (225) 603-8796.
- YBOA STATE TOURNAMENT: April 19-21, Denham Springs. Fee $350. Entry deadline 6 p.m. April 14. Call Mike Picou (225) 933-4084 or Tammy Laborde (225) 603-8796.
- 2ND ANNUAL HUSTLE & HEART TOURNAMENT: April 26-28, multiple sites, Baton Rouge. Boys & girls 10-under through 17-under age divisions. Fee $75. Entry deadline April 22. Call Bridget Littleton (225) 229-6217.
- NORTHSHORE TITAN LP ALL TOURNAMENTS: April 27, Mandeville, $84/2 games, $114/3 games. Entry deadline 6 p.m. April 21. Call Mike Picou (225) 933-4084 or Tammy Laborde (225) 603-8796.
- AAU TOURNAMENT: May 4, Family Life Center, Mt. Pilgrim Baptist Church, 9700 Scenic Hwy., Baton Rouge. Boys ages 9-10 & 11-12 divisions. Fee $125/team, 2-game guarantee. Entry deadline April 19. Call Tommy Mack (225) 936-9598 or Henry Grimes Jr. (225) 774-9100.
- LEWIS YMCA SUMMER YOUTH LEAGUE REGISTRATION: Through May 10, A.C. Lewis YMCA, Baton Rouge. Ages 3-17. Fee $50 members, $95 nonmembers. Call Lewis YMCA (225) 924-3606.
- PENNINGTON YMCA SUMMER YOUTH LEAGUE REGISTRATION: Through May 17, Pennington YMCA, Baton Rouge. Ages 3-17 for June 3-July 27 league. Fees $50 members, $95 nonmembers. Call Steve Ryan (225) 272-9622. Email: email@example.com.
- ROCK WALL & ZIP LINE: 10 a.m.-noon, April 6 & April 20, Paula Manship YMCA, Baton Rouge. Ages 5 & older. Fees $5 members, $10 nonmembers. Call Billie Babin (225) 767-9622. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE OAKS AT SHERWOOD SENIOR GOLD TOURNAMENT SERIES: 8 a.m. April 3 (every Wednesday), the Oaks At Sherwood, Sherwood Forest Boulevard, Baton Rouge. Ages 50-64 (white tees), 65-older (senior tees). Fee $20 includes cart, range balls, low net/low gross prizes. Call Billy Martin (225) 272-1141.
- USSSA RED RIVER CLASH ENTRY DEADLINE: April 3 for April 6-7 event, Shreveport CC, Shreveport. Boys & girls ages 12-18/36 holes, ages 9-11/18 holes. Fees $160 & $90. Call Robert Boudreaux (337) 278-8431. Website: http://www.usssa.com.
- 2ND ANNUAL RED, WHITE & BLUE AND BLUE WARRIORS SHOOTOUT: Noon shotgun start, April 8, University Club, Baton Rouge. 4-player scramble. Fee $1,800 (includes food, drink, gift card). Benefits Warriors for Freedom Foundation. 10 a.m. registration. Call Kristen Carmouche (225) 290-6561.
- AJGT LINKS ON THE BAYOU JUNIOR CLASSIC ENTRY DEADLINE: Noon April 10 for April 13-14 event, Links on the Bayou, Alexandria. Boys & girls ages 11-18. 36 holes. Fee $195. Call Owen Seiler (318) 402-2446. Website: http://www.arrowheadjgt.com.
- WOMEN’S SPRING FLING: April 17, Oak Knoll CC, Hammond. 2-player teams. Best Ball format (max 8-stroke diffential between partners). Fee $65/player (includes breakfast, luncheon). Long-drive & closest-to-pin contests. Field limited to four flights. Call OKCC (985) 345-2387.
- BATON ROUGE COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION CHANCELLOR’S SIGNATURE TOURNAMENT: 8:30 a.m. shotgun start April 26, Copper Mill GC, Zachary. 7 a.m. registration. 4-player teams. Fee $200/team, includes lunch. Sponsorships levels available. Call Georgia Scobee (225) 216-8608. Email: email@example.com.
- LGA CLUB TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: April 27-28, OakWing GC, Alexandria. 6-player teams (club pro/5-6 club members) from LGA member clubs. Four-Ball first round; Individual stroke play second round. Fee $200. Entry deadline April 16. Website: http://www.LGAgolf.org.
- HARRIS MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT: 2 p.m. shotgun start April 28, Greystone CC, Denham Springs. 4-player teams. Fee $500/team, $125/individuals. Field limited to 36 teams. Sponsorships available. Call Stephen Taylor (225) 931-7523.
- ANGOLA PRISON MUSEUM TOURNAMENT AT THE PENITENTIARY: 8 a.m. & 1 p.m. tee times May 3, Prison View GC, Angola. 4-player scramble. Fee $100/player includes breakfast, lunch & prison tour. Hole-in-one, long-drive, closest-to-pin & putting contests. Entry deadline April 29. Call Angola Foundation (225) 655-2592/(225) 655-2011. Website: http://www.angolamuseum.org.
- COED CLASSES: April 3-May 22, Paula Manship YMCA, YMCA Plaza, Baton Rouge. Ages 3- 8. Fees $50 members, $90 nonmembers. Call Rebecca Solomon (225) 767-9622. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BREC CEDAR RIDGE 45-OLDER LEAGUES: 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays; 8:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays; 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays; 5-9 p.m. Sundays. 3 courts. Call Tom Burkhart (225) 752-5905/(225) 751-2563.
- BREC LOVETT ROAD 21-AND-OLDER LEAGUE: 6-9 p.m. Mondays, Lovett Road Park, Central. 2 courts. Call Charles Welsh (225) 261-3621.
- BREC FORREST PARK: 6-8 p.m., Thursdays & 6-9 p.m., Fridays. 3 courts/all ages. Call Babe English (225) 753-9634.
- BREC HIGHLAND ROAD PARK: 9 a.m.-noon, Fridays. 2 courts. Call (225) 767-4003.
- BREC/YMCA HOWELL PLACE: 5-8 p.m., Sundays. 3 courts. Call Tom Burkhart (225) 752-5905.
- HAPPY’S RUNNING CLUB: 6:15 p.m., April 2, Happy’s Irish Pub, Third Street. Fee $35 annual membership. Call Scott Higgins (225) 810-5124 or Michael Lang (225) 252-9621.
- UNITED WAY OF ST. CHARLES BRIDGE RUN/WALK: 8 a.m. April 6, Westbank Bridge Park, Luling. 5K run/walk & 10K run/walk. Fee $25, $30 race day. Call Chuck George (504) 468-1488. Website: http://www.NOLArunning.com.
- WALK MS: BATON ROUGE: 8 a.m. April 13, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. No fee, walkers secure pledges ($65,000 goal). Individual & team divisions. 7 a.m. walk-day registration. Volunteers needed. Call (800) 344-4867. Website: www.walkMSlouisiana.org.
- A RUN THROUGH HISTORY: 8:30 a.m., April 14, Metairie Cemetery, New Orleans. 5K & 1-mile runs/walks. Fee $25, $30 race day. Call Chuck George (504) 468-1488. Website: http://www.NOLArunning.com.
- ST. JOHN FESTIVAL DE LA PRAIRIE RUN: 8 a.m. April 27, St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 15208 La. 73, Prairieville. 5K roadrace & 1-mile Fun Run (dogs welcomed). Fee $15, $20 after April 18. Registration 7 a.m. race day. Call Tommy Foil (225) 907-3951.
- HOT TO TROT: 8 a.m. April 27, Pelican Point Clubhouse, Gonzales. 5K & 1-mile runs. Fees $40/family, $20/16-older, $10/ages 3-15 (includes T-shirt, pancake breakfast). Benefits. 5th Ward Fire Department, Darrow. Call Julia Frank (225) 473-0004. Email: email@example.com.
- BRSC BASIC BALL SKILLS CLINICS: 6-7 p.m. April 10, Field 6, Burbank Complex, Baton Rouge. Under 7-under 10 super skills. No fee. Website: http://www.brsa.org.
- ST. GABRIEL GIRLS LEAGUES REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 19, Community Center, St. Gabriel. Ages 9-14. Fee $125/team. Call St. Gabriel Rec (225) 642-2505.
- 5GG WORTH SPORTS CLASSIC: April 6, Oak Villa Park, Baton Rouge. 8-under through 18-under age divisions. Fee $150 plus umpires fees. Entry deadline 8 p.m. April 2. Call Brian Desselles (225) 413-2865. Website: http://www.usssa.com.
- TRYOUTS: 6 p.m., April 8, 21160 Plank Rd., Zachary. Legendz 10-under. Pitchers only. Call Ericka Sluss (760) 525-7009. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FRIDAY ONE-PITCH TOURNAMENT: April 5, McLin Fields/Gator Park, Satsuma. Men’s & Co-ed divisions. Fee $90/team. 4-game guarantee. Call Ronnie McLin (225) 276-8237/(225) 686-2418.
- HAITI HOUSE COED CHURCH TOURNAMENT: April 19-20. Istrouma Baptist, Baton Rouge. Church co-ed teams. Fee $125 (3-game guarantee). Field limited to 8 teams/2 pools. Funds to help Haiti missionary effort. Call ML Woodruff (225) 295-0775, Ext. 118. Registration: http://www.istrouma.org/sports.
- GROUP LESSONS: Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 15-May 9, Paula Manship YMCA, Baton Rouge. Parent/ child, preschool, youth, teen & adult. Fees $50 members, $90 nonmembers. Registration deadline April 11. Call Billie Babin (225) 767-9622. Email: email@example.com.
- MINI-GROUP LESSONS/PRESCHOOL & YOUTH BEGINNER: Saturdays, April 20-May 11, Paula Manship YMCA, Baton Rouge. Fees $25 members, $45 nonmembers. Registration deadline April 17. Call Billie Babin (225) 767-9622. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRACK & FIELD
- JUNIOR PELICAN RELAYS: 8:30 a.m. April 6, A.W. Mumford Stadium, Southern University campus, Baton Rouge. Age divisions 6-under through Masters (30-older). Fee $6/athlete. Call Byron Turner (225) 892-3489. Website: http://www.usexpresstrackclub.org.
- WOMEN ON WEIGHTS: April 8-May 15, Paula Manship YMCA, YMCA Plaza, Baton Rouge. Ages 18-older. Fees $150 members, $240 nonmembers. Call Rebecca Solomon (225) 767-9622. Email: email@example.com.
The deadline for Fun & Fitness Calendar notices is 5 p.m. every Friday. Notices will be accepted four weeks in advance of the event. Submissions must be legibly handwritten or typed and must include activity/sport, date, time, site, entry fees, entry deadlines, the full name of contact person(s) and telephone numbers with area code. Only two contacts with telephone numbers/email addresses will be published. Submit notices to: Fun & Fitness Calendar, Advocate Sports, P.O. Box 588, Baton Rouge, LA 70821. FAX (225) 388-0318. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved