Serves 4. Recipe is from “Passover Made Easy” by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek (February 2013, http://www.artscroll.com/PassoverMadeEasy).
1 tsp. finely grated lime rind
1/4 cup lime juice (from about 2 large limes)
2 tsps. vegetable oil
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
2 (6-oz.) salmon steaks or 4 salmon fillets
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the marinade: Whisk together the lime rind, lime juice, oil, ginger and jalapeño. Set aside a teaspoon of the mixture.
3. Place salmon steaks into a dish just large enough to hold them. Pour remaining marinade over salmon and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning once. Do not marinate longer than 30 minutes or salmon will become mushy.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil 3 to 4 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork.
5. Remove to platter and spoon reserved marinade over salmon. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved