Area St. Joseph’s Altars
Area St. Joseph’s Altars
- Cypress Springs Mercedarian Prayer Center, 17560 George O’Neal Road, Baton Rouge, (225) 752-8480. Sunday, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., open to the public.
- Sacred Heart Church, 2250 Main St., Baton Rouge, (225) 387-6671. Grandsons of Italy altar. Blessing on Saturday following the 4 p.m. Mass, open to public until 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be offered. Sunday: Holy Family Tableau, ceremonial breaking of the bread, 11:30 a.m. in the school gym. Following the tableau will be the Italian feast, open to the public, in the school cafeteria.
- St. Joseph Cathedral, 412 North St., Baton Rouge, (225) 387-5928. Blessing on Tuesday at noon Mass. Lenten meal, open to the public, begins at 11:30 a.m. and continues until everyone is fed.
- St. Joseph Hospice, 10615 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, (225) 769-4810. Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., open to the public.
- St. Louis King of France Parish Activity Center, 2311 N. Sherwood Forest Blvd., Baton Rouge, (225) 275-7280. Monday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Open to the public.
- Immaculate Conception Church, 865 Hatchell Lane, Denham Springs, (225) 665-5359. Friday, blessing of the altar after 7 p.m. Mass. On Saturday, feeding of the saints begins at 11 a.m. and the public will be served at about noon.
- St. John the Baptist Church, 4727 McHugh Drive, Zachary, (225) 654-5778. Saturday, blessing and viewing at 6 p.m. On Sunday, blessing at noon followed by meal.
- St. John the Evangelist Church, Plaquemine, (225) 687-2402. Sunday, after the 11 am. Mass until 1:30 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 58715 Price St.
- St. Margaret/St. Thomas Churches, 30300 Catholic Hall, Hammond, (225) 567-3573. Saturday, blessing of the altar, 4:30 p.m.; Sunday at 11:15 a.m.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church, 255 N. 8th St., Ponchatoula, (985) 386-3749. Saturday, viewing in gym starts at 2 p.m. and blessing, 6:15 p.m., and Sunday, Mass and feeding of the saints. Procession between 10 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
- St Stephen Church (Good Shepherd Parish), 1025 Napoleon Ave., New Orleans, (504) 899-1378. Tuesday, blessing of the altar during 8:30 a.m. Mass. Lunch served to the public from noon to 6 p.m.
- St. Francis Villa Assisted Living, 10411 Jefferson Highway, River Ridge, (504) 738-1060. Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Blessing of the altar and re-enactment of the Holy Family's search for lodging is at 10 a.m. Meals served to public from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Copyright © 2015, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved