- DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME: Began at 2 a.m.
- IFA PRO-AM REDFISH CHALLENGE: Final day, 3 p.m. daily weigh-in, Gulf Outlet Marina, 5353 Paris Rd. Chalmette. $75,000 purse.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS OPEN TEAM TOURNAMENT: 3 p.m. weigh-in, Morrison Parkway Public Landing, False River, New Roads.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd., Baton Rouge. Regular monthly program. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: Season opener, 5 p.m., Wednesdays through Aug. 25 with Aug. 31 “classic.” Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
- BATON ROUGE DUCKS UNLIMITED CHAPTER SPONSORS BANQUET: Renaissance Hotel, Baton Rouge. Email John Barton Jr.: John.Barton.Jr@bswllp.com or Terrell Brown: JTBrown@GMFSLending.com.
- LA. SHRIMP TASK FORCE MANAGEMENT SUBCOMMITTEE & TASK FORCE MEETINGS: 10 a.m., management subcommittee & 1 p.m. Task Force, Waddill Wildlife Education Center, 4142 North Flannery Road, Baton Rouge
- MONROE CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Civic Center Arena, 401 Lea Joyner Expressway, Monroe. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- 34TH ANNUAL LOUISIANA SPORTSMAN SHOW & FESTIVAL: Lamar Dixon Expo Center, Gonzales. 2-7 p.m. March 14 (no admission fee); 11 a.m.-7 p.m., March 15; 9 a.m.-7 p.m., March 16; 10 a.m.-5 p.m., March 17. Admission $10 adults, $6 ages 6-12, $15 3-day pass, military no fee. Free parking. Boat show, La. Sportsman Bass Championship, March 16-17, Big Buck Contest, Splash Dogs, Archery Shoot-Out, hunting equipment & fishing tackle.
- BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Sabine River system, Orange, Texas. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK BASS CLASSIC: St. James Boat Club, U.S. 61 south of Sorrento. Pick-your-partner tournament. Open waters. Pretournament meeting 6:30 p.m., March 14, St. James Boat Club. Benefits Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital. Call Danny Fields (225) 765-5951. Website: http://www.ololrmc.com.
- HIGH POWER RIFLE XTC REGIONAL MATCH COURSE: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. NRA-approved 200-, 300- and 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees, $12/adult, $5/junior (members), $15/adult, $5/junior (nonmembers). 80 rounds. Call Jay D. Hunt (985) 768-8469. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- WILDLIFE FIELD DAY: 7:30 a.m.-noon, Bob R. Jones Idlewild Research Station, 4419 Idlewild Rd., Clinton. Focus: Managing deer herds, controlling feral hogs, dealing with blue-tongue disease; changes to 2013-2014 deer seasons. Sponsored by LSU AgCenter, Quality Deer Management Association & Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Fee $30, $40 after March 11. Call Don Reed (225) 683-5848.
- 21ST LOUISIANA WOODCOCK CHAPTER/RUFFED GROUSE SOCIETY CONSERVATION & SPORTSMEN’S BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., West Baton Rouge Convention and Visitors Bureau, 2750 North Westport Dr., Port Allen. Tickets $55 (dinner, membership), family rates available, sponsorship levels $275, $500, $1,000, $2,500 (16-and-younger passing hunter education course and women from Outdoors Women Program receive a complimentary dinner & membership with paying adult). Live/silent auctions & raffles. Call Felipe Martinez (225) 572-3592. Email: email@example.com.
SUNDAY, MARCH 17
- 32ND ANNUAL KIWANIS OF POINTE COUPEE OPEN BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight, public landing, Morrison Parkway, False River, New Roads. Weigh-in 3 p.m. Pick-your-partner event. Fee $125/team ($150 tournament day). Benefits Kiwanis False River projects. Call Kenneth St. Romain (225) 718-1319.
AROUND THE CORNER
- MARCH 19 — WESTBANK CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 6 p.m., Four Columns, 3711 Westbank Expressway, Harvey. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- MARCH 21 — DELTA CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Southern Yacht Club, West End, New Orleans. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- MARCH 22-24 — BECOMING AN OUTDOORS WOMAN: Camp Grant Walker, Pollack. Sponsored by Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Women-only weekend of instruction in 20 outdoors activities. Limited to 125 women 18 and older. Scholarships available. Registration open mid January. Call Dana Norsworthy (318) 345-3912. Website: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov.
- MARCH 22-23 — PADDLEPALOOZA X KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT: Bobby Lynn’s Marina, Leeville. Sponsored by the Bayou Coast Kayak Fishing Club. Open to the public. Fee $40 ($50 after March 17) includes meals, shirt, captain’s bag. Preregistration required. Pretournament meeting 8 p.m., March 22. Tournament 5 a.m.-4 p.m. March 23. Website: http://www.bckfc.org.
- MARCH 23 — 21ST ANNUAL ERIC ANDOLSEK MEMORIAL BASS TOURNAMENT: Bob’s Bayou Black Marina, Gibson. Pick-your-partner tournament. Sponsored by Golden Tigers Club, Eric Andolsek Charitable Fund, Ruffino’s Italian Restaurant and Raising Cane’s. Benefits local charities. Call Reggie Simon (225) 265-7766 or Andy Andolsek (985) 447-3826.
- MARCH 30 — 2ND ANNUAL CENTRAL HIGH BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight, Coach David LeSage’s home, 10635 Sullivan Rd., Baton Rouge. Open to Central High students only. Open water tournament. 2 p.m. weigh-in deadline. Fee $10/team. Top 5 stringers, top 2 big bass, 1 “trash fish” prize. Call LeSage (225) 921-8454.
- MARCH 20 — CCA/BATON ROUGE CHAPTER FISHING SEMINAR: 6 p.m., Bowie Outfitters, 8630 Perkins Rd., Baton Rouge. Speakers: Wildlife and Fisheries commissioner Billy Broussard and charter captains Owen Landridge, Dudley Vandenborre & Tommy Pellegrin. No admission. Food/drink. Call Rad Trascher (225) 952-9200.
- MARCH 22 — BATON ROUGE CAJUN LONG SPURS/NWTF BANQUET: 6 p.m., 4-H Mini-Farm, LSU. Tickets $50, $65 couples, $15 Jakes (youths), $275 sponsor, $600 tables. Dinner, beverages, auctions & raffles. Call Eric Templet (225) 953-5501.
- APRIL 3-5 — LSU AGCENTER PRESCRIBED BURNING WORKSHOP: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. daily, Bob R. Jones Idlewild Research Station, 4419 Idlewild Rd., Clinton. Study fuels, fire behavior, weathr, ecology, burning techniques, smoke management, etc. Class limited to 30. Fee $100, $150 after March 21 (includes lunches, handouts, supplies.) Call Brian Chandler (225) 683-3101. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APRIL 13 — NRA WOMEN ON TARGET (LADIES ONLY) FIREARMS CLINIC: 8:30 a.m., Southwest Mississippi Gun Club, U.S. 98, 6 miles west of McComb, Miss. .22 pistol & rifle & 20-gauge shotgun instruction, firearms safety, classroom instruction (firearms/ammo provided). Women need eye/ear protection and can bring own weapons in these calibers/gauges. Lunch provided. Fee $25. Clinic limited to 30 students. NRA certified volunteer instructors. Call Doug Bowser (601) 341-8797. Email: email@example.com.
- TURKEY/YOUTH & PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED WEEKEND: Saturday-Sunday (March 16-17), private lands only in State Turkey Areas A, B and C. Limit: 1 per day. State turkey tags must be used.
- TURKEY: Area A lands, March 23-April 21; Area B lands, March 23-April 14; Area A lands, March 23-April 7. Limit: 1 per day, 2 per season. Must use state turkey tags.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved