New Orleans stages calendar for Mar. 14-20, 2013
- RAY NAGIN-THE GOING AWAY PARTY: 8 p.m., Andrea’s Italian, 3100 19th St., Metairie. A comedic performance by Chris Champagne and Philip Melancon. $15. (504) 330-9117.
FRIDAY AND SUNDAY
- SAMSON AND DELILAH: 8 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Mahalia Jackson Theater, 1419 Basin St., New Orleans. http://www.mahaliajacksontheater.com.
- SLOW BURN BURLESQUE WITH STUNTED SEXTETTE: 10 p.m., The Howlin’ Wolf New Orleans, 907 S. Peters St., New Orleans. Combining classic style and glamour with punk rock attitude, and rock and roll fury, Slow Burn sets stages on fire with outrageous antics. $15. (504) 723-1585. http://www.thehowlinwolf.com.
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL-QUIDAM: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Saturday; 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday. New Orleans Arena, Howard Avenue, New Orleans. http://www.neworleansarena.com.
- NOISES OFF: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m., Sunday, Rivertown Theater for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. http://www.rivertowntheaters.com or (504) 461-9475.
- LEND ME A TENOR: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday, Playmakers Theater, 19106 Playmakers Road, Covington. (985) 893-1671.
- N’KAFU TRADITIONAL AFRICAN DANCE COMPANY PRESENTS M’BATLE SU (GOING HOME): 7 p.m., 1520 N. Claiborne Ave., New Orleans. A colorful array of traditional African dance and drama, part of N’Kafu’s 20th Annual Concert & Workshop Series and Conference. (504) 430-0892.
- THE METROPOLITAN OPERA-FRANCESCA DA RIMINI LIVE: 11 a.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Eva-Maria Westbroek and Marcello Giordani star as doomed lovers in Zandonai’s compelling opera. Marco Armiliato conducts. http://www.amctheatres.com.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. “Kiki Le Bon Bon’s Cabaret Risqué” from Running With Scissors. Free parking, cash bar. $20. (504) 488-1460.
- SWEENEY TODD: 8 p.m., Cutting Edge Theater, 747 Robert Blvd., Slidell. A 1979 musical thriller with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and libretto by Hugh Wheeler. $20. http://www.cuttingedgetheater.com or (985) 640-0333.
- YO GABBA GABBA! LIVE!: 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., Mahalia Jackson Theater, 1419 Basin St., New Orleans. http://www.mahaliajacksontheater.com.
- JIM GAFFIGAN- THE WHITE BREAD TOUR: 7 p.m., Mahalia Jackson Theater, 1419 Basin St., New Orleans. http://www.mahaliajacksontheater.com.
- THE MENTALIST: 7:30 p.m., The Metropolitan, 310 Andrew Higgins Dr., New Orleans. Gerry McCambridge performs comedy, magic and mind-reading live on stage. $5. http://www.themetropolitannightclub.com.
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. “From Berlin to Broadway.” Bremner Duthie sings songs of Kurt Weill, with Harry Mayronne on piano. 8 p.m. $10. (504) 488-1460.
- THE METROPOLITAN OPERA-PARSIFAL ENCORE: 6:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Jonas Kaufmann, Katarina Dalayman and Peter Mattei star in Wagner’s final masterpiece. Daniele Gatti conducts. http://www.amctheatres.com.
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Singer/storyteller Rich Look performs the works of Carmichael, Porter, Randy Newman and others, with Tim Paco on tuba and Ricky Sebastian on drums. 8 p.m. $20. (504) 488-1460.
- NAKED GIRLS READING PRESENTS “DESIRE-A TRIBUTE TO TENNESSEE WILLIAMS”: 9 p.m., The Paris Room, 720 St. Louis St., New Orleans, The steamy words of Tennessee Williams have never looked so good. Join the Naked Girls of New Orleans for a one-of-a-kind event. $15.
- MISCASTED! A MUSICAL-COMEDY REVUE: 7 p.m., The Shadowbox Theatre, 2400 St. Claude, New Orleans. *NU* Theatre, in association with Clove Productions. $10 at the door. (504) 298-8676.
- MOLD: 7:30 p.m., The Freeport-McMoRan Theater, The Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. $20; $5 discount for seniors, students, teachers, military personnel and theatre professionals. http://www.southernrep.com.
- SPANK!: 8 p.m. nightly, Harrah’s New Orleans Theatre, 228 Poydras St., New Orleans. The show is produced by Mills Entertainment. SPANK! is not associated with, nor authorized by, author E.L. James or Vintage Press. For more information about SPANK!, visit www.spankshow.com. You must be 21 to enter the casino. $29.75-$39.75. http://www.HarrahsNewOrleans.com, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved