Tuna Salad with Beans
Serves 4. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
¼ cup olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbl. red wine vinegar
Generous pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar if desired
1 (15.5-oz.) can red kidney beans (or cannelloni beans, Great Northern white beans or garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1 small red onion, thinly sliced (about ¾ cup)
1 or 2 green onions, chopped
2 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
1 rib celery, sliced
1 (12-oz.) can solid white albacore tuna, drained
Freshly ground black pepper
Slice of sun-dried tomato in olive oil, for garnish, if desired
Avocado slices, for garnish, if desired
1. Make dressing by mixing all salad dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk well then taste for seasoning. Add more lemon juice or vinegar if desired. Add a pinch of sugar if desired. Set aside.
2. Rinse beans under cold water and drain well; add to bowl of dressing.
3. Add sliced onion, parsley, green onions and celery.
4. Add drained tuna and add black pepper to taste. Toss carefully, leaving tuna in rather large pieces. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. Bring bean mixture to room temperature before serving.
5. Serve tuna bean mixture over crisp lettuce. Top with a slice of sun-dried tomato on the top and/or with avocado slices.
Copyright © 2015, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved