Around Baton Rouge for Feb. 21, 2013
- LEADERS WITH VISION LUNCHEON FORUM: 11:45 a.m., Drusilla Restaurant, Audubon Room, 3482 Drusilla Lane. Leaders with Vision, a new civic organization without borders, will hold a luncheon forum called “Lunch with the Leaders.” February’s forum will focus on “Louisiana Tax Reform.” The leaders who will attend are John Bel Edwards, from the Louisiana House of Representatives, Jan Moeller, from The Budget Project; Jim Richardson, an LSU economist; and Joel Robideaux, chair of the state House Ways and Means Committee. Doors will open at 11:15 a.m. followed by lunch at 11:45 a.m. and the program at noon. Cost is $20 for members and $25 for nonmembers. Reservations are suggested. Visit http://www.LWVision.org, email LWVision@LWVision.org or call (225) 927-2255.
- VEGETABLE WORKSHOP: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden, 4560 Essen Lane. Parents and teachers who want to establish and maintain vegetable gardens are invited to a series of vegetable workshops. This workshop’s topic is “How to Construct Raised Vegetable Garden Beds.” Admission is free, but registration is required. (225) 763-3990.
- HERITAGE LECTURE SERIES: 6:30 p.m., Old Governor’s Mansion, 502 North Blvd. Tom Whitehead and Art Shiver, the authors of “Clementine Hunter: Her Life and Art,” will present a lecture and sign copies of the book as part of the Foundation for Historical Louisiana Heritage Lecture Series. Admission is free for FHL members and $10 for guests.
- FEDERATION OF GREATER BATON ROUGE CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS: 7 p.m., BREC Independence Park, 7500 Independence Blvd., Room 111. East Baton Rouge Parish Library Director Spencer Watts will present his vision for the library program. The meeting will also have a presentation by Mary Stein and Patricia Husband on programs, resources, construction status and more.
- C.G. JUNG SOCIETY PRESENTATION: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Baton Rouge Gallery, 1515 Dalrymple Drive. The C.G. Jung Society of Baton Rouge will hold a film presentation on “Peter Birkhauser: A Modern Artist Who Breaks the Mold.” Dean Frantz, a Jungian analyst, will present and Deldon Anne McNeely, also a Jungian analyst, will lead the discussion.
- BATON ROUGE CIVIL WAR ROUND TABLE MEETING: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Drusilla Seafood Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane. Ed Bearss , National Park Service chief historian emeritus, author and tour guide, will speak on “Momentous Month: July 1863.” Admission is $25 and includes dinner. Reservations must be made by Tuesday. (225) 769-3175.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved