Around Baton Rouge for Feb. 14, 2013
- DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT: 8 a.m., Kean Miller Conference Center, II City Plaza, 400 Convention St., seventh floor. Updates on several projects like the Downtown Greenway and streetscape beautification. http://www.brgov.com/dept/ddd or (225) 389-5520.
- COMPANION ANIMAL ALLIANCE ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., EBR Shelter, 2680 Progress Road, near Baton Rouge Metro Airport. All cats and kittens are half price. http://www.caabr.org.
- POP-UP VALENTINE’S DAY CARDS: 2 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Patrons can make pop-up Valentine’s Day cards. (225) 763-2270.
- PROJECT PURR CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, second floor by Dillards. Adoption fees on all cats are half price. http://www.projectpurrbr.org.
- “THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE”: 7:30 p.m., Claude L. Shaver Theatre, LSU Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Dalrymple Drive, LSU campus. The show will be a sneak preview performance. Tickets are $12. (225) 578-3527 or http://www.theatre.lsu.edu.
- “THE EFFECT OF GAMMA RAYS ON MAN-IN-THE-MOON MARIGOLDS”: 7:30 p.m., Studio Theatre in the LSU Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Dalrymple Drive, LSU campus. The play is an LSU Lab Theatre production. Tickets are $10. (225) 578-4174 or http://www.theatre.lsu.edu.
- A BROADWAY VALENTINE: 7:30 p.m., Baton Rouge Litte Theater, 7155 Florida Blvd. Ana Maria Andricain will perform in the concert, which will benefit the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge. Tickets are $35 per person and $60 per couple. (225) 924-6496 or http://www.brlt.org.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved