Around Baton Rouge for Feb. 11, 2013
- DISTRICT 2 COMMUNITY MEETING: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., New Light Missionary Baptist Church, 650 Blount Road. Metro Councilwoman Chauna Banks-Daniel will hold a community meeting for residents in the Scotlandville area to discuss Genesis Energy’s expansion plan. Genesis Energy plans to expand by building a crude unit train facility at ExxonMobil’s Maryland Tank Farm, located off Scenic Highway and Blount Road. Representatives from ExxonMobil and Genesis Energy will answer questions and give a presentation on the expansion.
- CRAFTY VALENTINE’S DAY CARDS: 2 p.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Patrons are invited to create Valentine’s Day cards using paper, fabric and other materials. (225) 354-7050.
- LSU FACULTY AND STAFF RETIREES CLUB MEETING: 2 p.m., Lod Cook Alumni Center, 3838 W. Lakeshore Drive, LSU campus. Guest speaker will be Dan Borne, LSU Sports football announcer and president of the Louisiana Chemical Association. All LSU retirees are invited. (225) 766-8311.
- PROJECT PURR CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, second floor by Dillards. Adoptions fees on all cats are half price. http://www.projectpurrbr.org.
- POE @ CARNIVAL — A SECOND LINE JAZZ FUNERAL: 7 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Patrons are invited to walk or dance behind a funeral procession with a brass band. (225) 756-1150.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved