Around Baton Rouge for Feb. 7, 2013
- EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH SCHOOL BOARD: 5 p.m., School Board Office, 1050 S. Foster Drive.
- ANNA T. JORDAN COMMUNITY POOL OPEN HOUSE: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Anna T. Jordan Community Park, 1750 Stilt St. Residents, including children, can discuss whether to improve the existing pool or build a new interactive splash pad at the open house. It will feature drawings illustrating both options and the BREC Planning and Engineering staff. Participants will also fill out a survey to determine the final decision. (225) 272-9200, ext. 543 or http://www.brec.org.
- LSU CHAMBER SINGERS: 5:30 p.m., St. Alban’s Chapel, Dalrymple Drive, LSU. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for students. (225) 578-3261.
- PROJECT PURR CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, second floor near Dillards. http://www. projectpurrbr.org.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors will provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. (225) 924-4271.
- LITTLE RHODY AND THE OTHER 49: 6 p.m., Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane. Roberta Humble, an award-winning author and nationally known speaker, will give a presentation on 49 states while touting Rhode Island.
- “IMITATION OF LIFE”: 7 p.m., Independence Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. The theatre will show “Imitation of Life,” a 1959 film directed by Douglas Sirk and starring Lana Turner and John Gavin. Tickets are $5, which includes a bag of popcorn. (225) 216-0660 or http://www.theparktheatre.com.
- RIVER CITY JAZZ MASTERS SERIES: 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The James Carter Organ Trio will perform. Tickets are $25 to $45. (225) 344-0334 or http://manshiptheatre.org.
- LORAINE SIMS FACULTY VOCAL RECITAL: 7:30 p.m., LSU School of Music Recital Hall, Dalrymple Drive, LSU. The recital will have performances of English and American art songs of the 20th and 21st centuries. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for students.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved