Ascension Parish Calendar for Jan. 31, 2013
- Groovy Pete the Cat Party: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Dutchtown. "I Love My White Shoes" by Eric Litwin will be read and children will make Froot Loop necklaces and paint pictures of Pete the Cat.
- Mardi Gras Gala: 8 p.m., Gonzales Civic Center. Ascension Fair Association's annual Mardi Gras Ball featuring Tonia and The Leftfield Band. Cost is $25. For tickets, call (225) 939-6861 or (225) 715-1952.
- Look Good ... Feel Better: 10 a.m. to noon, St. Elizabeth Hospital, 721 East La. 30, Community Education Building. Meeting held in conjunction with the American Cancer Society to help women look their best during cancer treatment. Experienced cosmetologists teach cancer patients beauty tips to help minimize the appearance-related side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Free, but advance registration required. Call (225) 621-2906.
- Taking a Seat for Justice: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Dutchtown.
- Thriving with Diabetes: 6 p.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital's Sister Linda conference room. Guest speaker is Joseph Burke, of Lafayette, Louisiana A1C Champion. As a national A1C Champion, Burke travels across the nation sharing his personal experiences about taking control of his diabetes and motivating others to take those first steps to a healthier life. Free. Call (225) 621-2906.
- Alzheimer's Services of the Capital Area Caregiver Network: 10:30 a.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital's Sister Linda conference room. Monthly supportive meeting for caregivers to network with one another. Free; registration preferred. Call (225) 621-2906.
- Healthy Hearts: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital's Sister Linda conference room. "Know Your Numbers" presented by Dr. Darrin Breaux. A discussion of important numbers to know in order to prevent heart disease. Free; registration preferred. Call (225) 621-2906.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved