Around Baton Rouge for Jan. 14, 2013
- CENTRAL COMMUNITY SCHOOL BOARD: 6 p.m., 10200 East Brookside Drive, Central.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: Noon, De La Ronde Hall, 320 Third St. Kevin Cope, president of the LSU Faculty Senate, will discuss faculty concerns about the budget cutbacks the past few years and the consolidation of the offices of president and chancellor at LSU. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers.
- LSU FACULTY & STAFF RETIREES CLUB MEETING: 2 p.m., Lod Cook Alumni Center, 3848 West Lakeshore Drive, LSU campus. The guest speaker will be horticulture expert Dan Gill. All LSU retirees are welcome. (225) 766-8311.
- PROJECT PURR CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, second floor by Dillards. http://www.projectpurrbr.org.
- EDITOR’S NOTE: This story was modified on Monday, Jan. 14, to delete the listing of the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board. The board doesn’t meet until Thursday.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved