The Federal Emergency Management Agency has awarded East Baton Rouge Parish a $1.5 million grant to help city-parish government with costs associated with Hurricane Isaac.
The grant, part of FEMA’s Public Assistance program, will help reimburse the city-parish for equipment and supplies used during the response to Isaac and the recovery effort, a FEMA news release says.
The grant covers the federal share — 75 percent — of the parish’s eligible costs and the state or parish will pay the remaining 25 percent, the release says.
Several city-parish departments, including Metro Airport, police, fire, emergency medical services, public works and the Mayor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, were involved in the effort.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved