New Orleans stages calendar for Jan. 31-Feb. 6, 2013
THURSDAY, JAN. 31
- JAZZ UNDERGROUND, TWO SIDES OF WENDELL BRUNIOUS: at Loyola University New Orleans in Satchmo's, in the basement of the Danna Student Center on the university's main campus. 7:30 p.m., $10. (504) 865-2074. $10 cash at the door.
THURSDAY-SATURDAY, JAN. 31- FEB. 2
- AND THE BALL AND ALL: 8 p.m., Rivertown Theaters, 325 Minor St., Kenner. Ricky Graham-penned comedy about the Mystic Krewe of Terpsichore. Becky Allen and Amanda Hebert star as yatty krewe organizers planning their truck float and getting ready for the ball. $26. (504) 461-9475.
THURSDAY-SUNDAY, JAN. 31- FEB. 3
- GREASE, SCHOOL EDITION: Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. Rivertown Theaters, 325 Minor St., Kenner. Edited version suitable for younger audiences. $15. (504) 461-9475.
FRIDAY, FEB. 1
- THE BEST OF RIFFTRAX LIVE: 7:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan, Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett offer colorful commentary on Ed Wood's outrageously bad classic Plan 9 From Outer Space. http://www.amctheatres.com.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, FEB. 1 AND 2
- WEALTH BY ARISTOPHANES: 8 p.m., Lower Depths Theater, 6363 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Translated and adapted by Karen Rose. $12 general admission, $8 students, seniors, Loyola faculty and staff. http://cmfa.loyno.edu.
SATURDAY, FEB. 2
- SOUTHERN FRIED QUEER CABARET: 10 p.m. and midnight, All Ways Lounge, 2240 Saint Claude Ave., New Orleans. $10. (504) 459-9890. Wednesday, Feb. 6
- THE METROPOLITAN OPERA: 6:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Maria Stuarda Encore. The second opera of Donizetti's Tudor trilogy, starring Joyce DiDonato as Mary, Queen of Scots and Elza van den Heever as Elizabeth I. Maurizio Benini conducts. http://www.amctheatres.com.
- GYPSY & SPAMALOT AUDITIONS: 6:30 p.m., Rivertown Theaters, 325 Minor St., Kenner. Men and women should prepare 16 bars of a song that shows off their best belt. No ballads please. Please bring sheet music in the proper key. A accompanist will be provided. Auditioners should also be prepared to dance and tap. Headshot and resume requested. (504) 461-9475.
Copyright © 2016, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved