Broccoli With Fusilli and Red Pepper
Serves 6 to 8. Recipe is from Beneforté.
11/2 cups broccoli florets
3 tsps. salt, divided
1/2 lb. fusilli pasta
4 tbls. extra virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into long thin strips
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 lemon zest
1⁄8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
21/2 tbls. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Cook broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt. Remove from water with slotted spoon. Place in large bowl and set aside.
2. In same water, cook pasta according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain well and add to broccoli.
3. While pasta is cooking, in small sauté pan, heat oil and cook sliced red pepper, garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
4. Off heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, red pepper flakes, pepper and lemon juice. Mix and pour this over broccoli and pasta. Toss well.
5. Season to taste, sprinkle with cheese (if using), and serve.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved