Makes 36 minimuffins. Recipe is reprinted with permission from “Full Plate: Generous Servings of Ozark Hospitality” by St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Fayetteville, Ark.
Butter, for greasing pans
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2⁄3 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the cups of two minimuffin baking pans with softened butter.
2. Using an electric mixer, blend brown sugar, flour, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in chopped pecans. Batter can be made a day ahead at this point. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to bake.
4. Fill the prepared pans with about 1 tablespoon batter in each.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 16 minutes.
Copyright © 2016, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved