Livingston Parish calendar for Dec. 27, 2012
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. For more information, call (225) 567-1441.
- SOUTH BRANCH BOOKIES: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. For more information, call (225) 698-3015.
- TEEN CRAFT AND WATCH: 1 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Teen patrons can bring in the New Year by creating button magnets and watching a PG-13 movie.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. For more information, call (225) 686-2436.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch. For more information.
- TEEN GAME DAY: 1 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Teen patrons can play on the PS3 and Wii systems. The library will also have a variety of board games.
- AUTISM SUPPORT: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190. For more information, call (225) 665-8118.
- CHEF’S SHOWCASE & SILENT AUCTION TICKETS: Café Du Jeur at The Whistle Stop, 180 North Railroad Ave., Denham Springs. Tickets for the “Chef’s Showcase and Silent Auction” will go on sale starting Wednesday at the Café Du Jeur at The Whistle Stop and online at http://www.ADOOROFHOPELA.com. The event is a charity social for A Door of Hope, a nonprofit organization working to establish a residential program for teenage girls and young women who have been victims of physical and sexual abuse as well as those facing issues like eating disorders, addiction, depression and self-harm. It will be March 2, 2013 at Greystone Country Club and will feature live music and food samples. Parish President Layton Ricks will be the guest speaker. Tickets are $45 each with only 150 tickets available. For more information, call (225) 665-HOPE.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- PIGEON PARTY: 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The party is about the pigeon from the books by Mo Willems. Patrons will get to learn how to draw the pigeon, drive a bus, eat cookies and watch a puppet show featuring the pigeon.
- YOUNG WRITERS CLUB: 5 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The club is open to anyone between the ages 10 and 17.
- OPEN MIC NIGHT: 5:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. Patrons of all ages can showcase their talents in front of a live audience. For more information, call (225) 664-3693.
- WRITERS CIRCLE: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Published and unpublished adult writers are welcome to the Writers Circle group meeting.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved