Crawfish (or Shrimp) on Artichoke Bottoms
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is from Corinne Cook.
6 tbls. butter
1 medium to large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ozs. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 lb. peeled crawfish tails (or fresh shrimp)
6 ozs. white wine
1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
½ to ¾ cup chopped green onions
½ cup sliced black olives
Toasted French bread slices, lightly buttered if desired
Salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste
1 (13.75-oz.) can artichoke bottoms, drained
Fresh parsley or fresh basil to taste, chopped
Toasted pine nuts, optional for garnish
1. Melt butter in large skillet and sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender and the liquid is cooked out.
2. Add crawfish (or shrimp) and wine to vegetable mixture, continue heating for 8 to 10 minutes or until seafood is cooked through. Meanwhile, prepare toast slices.
3. Add tomatoes, green onions and olives. Just cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange toast slices on plate (or put them on the side if you prefer). Place artichoke bottoms over toast or on plate and top with seafood mixture.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley, basil and toasted pine nuts.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved