Beaucoup Stages Calendar for Jan. 3-9, 2013
- SHUT UP, SWEET CHARLOTTE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. “Shut Up, Sweet Charlotte” converts and subverts the Southern Gothic film “Hush ... Hush, Sweet Charlotte.” Visit http://www.midcitytheatre.com or call (504) 488-1460.
- MÄRCHEN UND ALPTRÄUME VON DER KINDHEIT: 11 p.m., The AllWays Lounge, 2240 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. The variety show returns with a tribute to all things whimsical and terrifying. Join Freaksheaux and special guests Russell Bruner, Paulina Munoz and Mina Mechante in the first show of the new year. $10.
- MIGRATION + HEALTH + ART: 6 p.m., Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. A dialogue featuring Jacques Arpin. Free. Call (504) 528-3805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “THE CLASS OF ‘70 SOMETHING”: Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., Sundays at 2 p.m., Jan. 11-27 at Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. Audiences are encouraged to wear their craziest clothes from the ’70s for nightly costume contests. Cast includes Abbey Murrell, Katie Cotaya, Janie Heck, Rachel de Jonge, Ashley Rose Butler, Elyse McDaniel, Darren Hayes, Jeff Springmann, Kyle Aucoin, Jermaine Keelen, Chris Abide and Aaron Lind. Visit http://www.RivertownTheaters.com or call (504) 461-9475.
- VENUS IN FUR : Opens Wednesday. 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, The Freeport-McMoRan Theater at The Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. Performance by Southern Rep. Call (504) 522-6545 or visit http://www.SouthernRep.com.
- HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH: 7 p.m. Jan. 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 17, 18 and 21. The Allways Lounge, 2240 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. Play by Stephen Trask and John Cameron Mitchell. Tickets available at http://skinhorsetheater.ticketleap.com. $15.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved