Livingston Parish Calendar for Dec. 20, 2012
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. For more information, call (225) 567-1441.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP: 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190. Legacy Hospice Walker will hold a support group meeting for anyone experiencing a loss such as divorce, death of a loved one or other life changes. For more information, call (225) 667-1340 or the library at (225) 665-8118.
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE CLASS: 5:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. Adult patrons can learn how to make their own gingerbread houses. Class size is limited and registration is required. For more information, call (225) 664-3693.
- EDWARD LIVINGSTON HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. For more information, call (225) 686-2436.
- CHRISTMAS PUPPET SHOW: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- CHRISTMAS MUSIC: 6 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Patrons can come listen to Chris Shipp play Christmas songs on his acoustic guitar.
- SOAP-MAKING PROGRAM FOR TEENS: 2 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- CHRISTMAS PET ADOPTION: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., PetSmart, 1653 Millerville Road, Baton Rouge. The Livingston SPCA will hold a Christmas Pet Adoption Day with puppies, dogs, kittens and cats. Adoption fees vary and include mandatory spaying/neutering and age appropriate vaccinations. For more information, visit http://www.livingstonspca.com or call (225) 788-6940.
- WATSON QUILTERS: 9 a.m. to noon, Watson Library Branch. The local group meets on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. Meetings are open to the public.
- PUPPET SHOW AND SANTA VISIT: 11 a.m., Livingston Library Branch. The library will hold a Christmas-themed family story time and puppet show. The event will also feature a visit from Santa Claus. Parents can bring cameras to take pictures.
- SONGWRITER'S CIRCLE: 2 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- SILENT NIGHT! HOLY NIGHT!: 6 p.m., Satsuma Baptist Church, 29880 S. Satsuma Road, Livingston. The Adult Choir of Satsuma Baptist Church will present "Silent Night! Holy Night!" followed by fellowship. The event is open to everyone. Call (225) 686-2563.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. Call (225) 698-3015.
- ALZHEIMER'S SUPPORT: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- SOUTH BRANCH BOOKIES: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch.</
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved