Broccoli Slaw With Fruit
Serves 8. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
2 Louisiana navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
1 large red apple, diced
1 (12-oz.) bag broccoli slaw
1 cup seedless grapes, halved (red, green or mix)
1⁄3 cup sweetened dried cranberries, optional
½ to 2⁄3 cup Poppy Seed or Vidalia Onion dressing
1⁄3 cup toasted pecans
1. In large bowl, add orange sections and squeeze juice from pulp in bowl.
2. Wash and dice apple, do not peel. Add to oranges.
3. Add broccoli slaw. If the shreds are too long, snip with a pair of kitchen shears in the bowl so that they’re easier to eat. Add the halved grapes and cranberries.
4. Stir in salad dressing. Start with ½ cup and add more if desired. The orange juice will thin the dressing as it sits in refrigerator. Store in covered dish or zip-top bag until ready to serve.
5. Garnish top with toasted pecans when serving.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved